Vaughan's 12ie Coupe Rally car

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Vaughan's 12ie Coupe Rally car

Post by classicdat »

Yes staying A Series of course, A for Audio!! I am sticking with the front dizzy A12 and under 1300cc,Hoping for a very original car.
Off cuts sold separately..
I am hoping the updates keen coming, this is a learn as you go exercise, I can visualise it, now just need to make it happen, if I done try I won’t know if I can
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

2 doors wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:23 pm I wouldnt be to concerned about 5mm , spread between the front of the bonnet , back of the guard and door gaps, that really not a lot
Thanks Wal, it may not be much different from when it was new. It should all come out in the alignment of the wheels I hope. I have Caster/Camber plates.
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Motivation is feeling good, finally feel like I am making progress, floor on passengers side was stuffed, drivers side has been reskinned, but on investigation the original layer was fairly sound, so I have removed the top layer and will do a small repair to the factory floor.
Was tricky fitting the floor into the car around the cage, but now it is sitting nearly in place it looks like it will fit pretty well, now just to crack out the welder and get it all stitched in, hopefully not too hard.
Thankfully Wal (2 doors) has offered me a driving lesson, it has been probably nearly 35 years since I have welded anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsuns from A to Zed