69 510 Ground Up Rebuild

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
acustx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Greg

Re: 69 510 Ground Up Rebuild

Post by acustx »

Hey guy's thanks for all the great comments, sorry about the slack progress as late. Thought I should post some pics of what I have been up to.

Have been working on and just about completed my brake lines. Just have to connect the rear control arms to the chassis run lines now. If you look closely you can see that I have also had the fuel lines chromed :thumbsup: .

And assembled and mounted the rear suspension and diff (hopefully for the second to last time! :roll: )

69' 510 Show car (well will be when its finished)
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Much Jealous of your attention to detail.

Must be nice to know you are building a car to better than new Quality.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

this is still hands down the best mounting and bending of brake lines and fuel lines i've ever seen. ever
You must have some sort of brake bender voodoo
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Shot man, this is going to be one nice car indeed! Wish I could be going that hard out on mine!

I especially like that you used the hydraulic tubing and fittings with the 3/4" JIC tube nuts and sleeves, should seal up nice and tight, was thinking I would do it on my car one day, but now if I do everyone's just going to say I copied you :P btw can get good deals on that sort of thing if you haven't already found a hook up.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Amazing detail and workmanship!!!
acustx
Datsun Dreamer

Post by acustx »

broke wrote:Shot man, this is going to be one nice car indeed! Wish I could be going that hard out on mine!

I especially like that you used the hydraulic tubing and fittings with the 3/4" JIC tube nuts and sleeves, should seal up nice and tight, was thinking I would do it on my car one day, but now if I do everyone's just going to say I copied you :P btw can get good deals on that sort of thing if you haven't already found a hook up.

Cheers mate, I have my own hook up at this point, I haven't paid a cent for any fittings. :twisted: ;) :thumbsup:
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Did you make the moustache bar yourself, or buy it from Aussie?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
acustx
Datsun Dreamer

Post by acustx »

Bartman wrote:Did you make the moustache bar yourself, or buy it from Aussie?
Na used my original one, cut the ends off, made up the new centre and welded it all together.
1600sss
aka: Gazz

Post by 1600sss »

I made a large mistake when modifying my moustache bar as i used a mig welder-not realising that its spring steel. Result...diff dragging on ground after giving it the welly in 2nd gear making for a terrible situation. Ended up getting a whole new one made out of a single piece of spring steel. Awesome build man, will be beautiful when shes done!
1972 510 SSS FJ20ET
1988 Mazda HC3S Luce 13B Turbo
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Inspirational. I love it.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50