The 4TRUBL 620

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Mr_President
Regular

The 4TRUBL 620

Post by Mr_President »

Hey all, been along time since the coming off the road but the 620 is finally road worthy, although still got finishing things to do. Here is a run down of whats been done.
Took out the trusty but very slow J15 and collum shift, then began to fit a CA18DET and 5spd. Then removed all unwanted things and made way for a alloy radiator and 12 inch electric fan. made mounts for supercharger and alternator to suit and then John made me a new crank pulley to up the boost. Mounted the front mount intercooler and made alloy pipes to suit. Plumbed it all up and then wired it up. Made my own 2 1/2 inch exhaust to suit.
Removed the rear diff as it was drum brake and no LSD. Picked up a terrano LSD rear diff and gave it to John to shorten. Fitted rear diff and had handbrake cables made to suit and then got a driveshaft done to complete the driveline. Terrano diff is way overkill but it was very cheap and LSD with disks so was worth fitting, and its never going to have diff issues.
Then onto the front brakes (another problem area), werer originally drum front so had to be upgraded to disks. I bought some 720 disk brake front hubs and rotors believing that they would fit, but i was wrong. I ended up using the 720 hubs with the nissan terrano front rotors (John made me some adaptors) and terrano callipers. I had previously tried alot of other combinations including trying to fit R33 front 4 pot callipers, but it just didnt have the clearance. Then to mount the callipers i made a jig on johns instuction and he then milled me a calliper mount to suit. I also fitted a factory 620 brake booster(didnt have one to start with) and got the master cylinder rekitted to suit.

I have done other mods but thats the main stuff, ask if you want to know anything else.

NONE OF THE WORK DONE WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE CHRISTCHURCH DATSUN FAMILY. THANK YOU TO: JOHN, CHRIS, DAMON,ADAM, DAN, BART, WAL, NICK, AND ALL THE REST OF YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
Last edited by Mr_President on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_President
Regular

Re: The 4TRUBL 620

Post by Mr_President »

Havnt got any photos of the finished ute or the engine bay yet but will post them asap.
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

looking so badarse without a deck!! great that its all up and running.

HaHa Mr president,love it!
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

We don't have the old forums, but from memory, didn't you promise the "family" a skid? :twisted:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Wicked dude!!! Good to see it on the road. cheers fro the Blast the other day.
SKIDS for the family !!
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

wicked.
the vlave covers look nice 8-)
yeah skids on!
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

looks tough, really keen to go for a ride in this one, well done !
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

Hello Mr_President. This thing has transformed from a sedate little puppy dog, to a raging animal on steroids. I went for a cruise in it for about half an hour, got in the Ute to go home, and had to check that there was nothing under the accelerator. It makes my Ute feel like a turtle. :oops:
Mr_President
Regular

Post by Mr_President »

Skids sound good to me although i will have to practice cos its hard to controll and unlike anything ive driven before. Sounds like a mission.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you were still keen, I think I can get a line locker for $130.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............