Fuel pump recommendations

For all your general datsun ramblings
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: Fuel pump recommendations

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah I'll be running a surge tank at some stage as around 1/4 tank I get fuel surge round corners in my intank set up.
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

broke wrote:Cheers guys, in-tank is quite appealing as it's omly pne pump, one relay, one set of plumbing etc, however I'm still pretty keen on a surge tank having heard of some other people's bad experiences with in-tank

Might look and see what those Nismo ones are going for (I could swear they're the same as a 260C pump) compared to the Carter - I remember quite liking the "bong-smoking" noise they make :D

And yeah that pump in the 120Y seemed like a good one, for some reason I had it in my head that VL's were in-tank 040's? Seems like if you want a huge fuel pump or injectors you're spoilt for choice nowadays, it's the smaller stuff that's harder to get!
in tank surge tank still runs two pumps one to fill it and one to feed the carbs or whatever. If it runs one pump it will be a catch/ splash tank a completely different thing.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

i went an intank setup for tidyness (GA16DE route) and used a non expensive and common as fuck rb20e pump out of a cefiro. nick murchison did the work and wal sillflossed it afterwards..... i think. i remember wanting any old pump as long as it was easy to get again for cheap availability should i fuck it somehow.
It just had a plate welded overtop to suit new mounting screws and a few baffles inside tacked in to prevent surge.

remember though i never fitted it so cant say wether it was quiet etc. i went in tank to reduce possible noise anyway. welcome to look over it to see if you like the way it was done etc
1972 1200 coupe KB110
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

broke wrote:Cheers guys, in-tank is quite appealing as it's omly pne pump, one relay, one set of plumbing etc, however I'm still pretty keen on a surge tank having heard of some other people's bad experiences with in-tank

Might look and see what those Nismo ones are going for (I could swear they're the same as a 260C pump) compared to the Carter - I remember quite liking the "bong-smoking" noise they make :D

And yeah that pump in the 120Y seemed like a good one, for some reason I had it in my head that VL's were in-tank 040's? Seems like if you want a huge fuel pump or injectors you're spoilt for choice nowadays, it's the smaller stuff that's harder to get!
VL's run a lift pump and the external.