RCA for B310

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

RCA for B310

Post by blitzballa »

Am after a pair of RCA's to suit B310 knuckle and R31 strut. So it will need a 44mm bottom ring and a 54mm top nub. There was a guy in Dunedin who used to make them but apparently no longer does.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: RCA for B310

Post by tlssunny »

as I said you wont get a rca with a 54mm top locationg ring, will have to machine something seperate otherwise get someone to make a complete custom rca with that sizes you need but will cost plenty of money... john was the man in Dunedin doing it but can remember his user name skdmrx???? I think but unsure if hes still doing it
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Skd marks is John , and he is in chch , he did do a run of rca,s and probably has a cad program for cnc machine. Don't know what would be involved changing the drawing to accommodate the new design. Alternitively contact Nick m who can cad draw .
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

John has moved to Dunedin Wal....
volodkovich
Regular

Post by volodkovich »

I can model and 3d print a test if you need, can't help with machining though. Plenty of local shops would bang you out some but be prepared to pay around $250 or something I'd think. John did a small run of them and was selling for 130 I think?

John has retired from the perky game at the moment from what I understand.

Seems a better solution to buy Johns RCA to suit stock strut and spend the other money on an S13 brake upgrade. Was there any reason for converting to R31 struts?

Robbie
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

I've got the locator rings made for the top of my rcas if you want me to take measurements before they go back in for good this weekend
blitzballa
Financial Member

Re:

Post by blitzballa »

Datto_610 wrote:I've got the locator rings made for the top of my rcas if you want me to take measurements before they go back in for good this weekend
That'd be awesome! I'll pm you now.
2 doors
Datsun God

Re:

Post by 2 doors »

Datto_610 wrote:John has moved to Dunedin Wal....
When did that happen ?
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

volodkovich wrote:I can model and 3d print a test if you need, can't help with machining though. Plenty of local shops would bang you out some but be prepared to pay around $250 or something I'd think. John did a small run of them and was selling for 130 I think?

John has retired from the perky game at the moment from what I understand.

Seems a better solution to buy Johns RCA to suit stock strut and spend the other money on an S13 brake upgrade. Was there any reason for converting to R31 struts?

Robbie
Thanks for that although modelling isn't a problem for me either I just didn't want to pay the high costs of only getting two machined haha. Still being a tight arse I know.
A few reasons for converting. Have already got myself some four pot RX7 calipers and some 282 discs for a conversion plus I found it easier to get a coilover and camber plate kit for the newer shock rather than sticking with my old Sunny ones. Also the R31 has a shorter shock mount as well so don't have to shorten shocks as much.
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: Re:

Post by luke »

2 doors wrote:
Datto_610 wrote:John has moved to Dunedin Wal....
When did that happen ?
John shifted middle of Feb,
1972 1200 coupe KB110