Datsun B110 chassis no Id

For all your general datsun ramblings
Herby

Re: Datsun B110 chassis no Id

Post by Herby »

Thanks for that, very interesting I will try and research this further .
Here are sample pics of our plate with sticker on and removed.
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herby

Post by Herby »

Is there any difference in body panels etc between an NZ assembled and Japanese assembled B110 sedan ?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I can see why it was removed, as it is illegal to modify or change a chassis number, I would guess someone printed the tag to make it easy,r to record the details when obtaining warrants etc. however I would be questioning why the bonnet was lifted for a simple puncture repair, the A code on the tag has been put there in error in my opinion, and therefore the numbers that followed would be in error as well, as discussed last night via our conversation, I will look at putting together a letter from the club. the fact that the numbers displayed have never been allocated to a vehicle should tell ltsa that its a botch up from the registration process.Thee engine number matchs the plate which is a rarety in its own right and lends weight to the fact that the cars identity is legitimate .
Herby

Post by Herby »

Yes,none of the Wof issuers have worried about it over the years inc the Vtnz testing station in Wellington !whom issued the new Wof when we purchased the car.
We would be very greatfull if you the Club could provide a letter to help us with the process.
Also what are your thoughts on the comment that possibility of the vehicle coming to Nz via Australia ?
It is rumoured that there are some slight differences in some body panels between NZ and Jap assembled vehicles such as front guard shape/ lines etc,have you heard of this ?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

That red label looks like its come out of a printer from the 80's lol - ie its been that way a very long time

That A number could even be a paint code - my B210 used to have a letter/number plate spot welded to the radiator support (gone now) and this was different to any number on the plate as colour was not recorded on those tin plates.

You technically dont even need that particular plate - ive seen some that have home job tags, been stamped at home and screwed on at thats all you need on the firewall.

If i were you someone was reprinting those nissan tags properly and then you'd just need to stamp the correct number on.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272213711367" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This seems to be a good way to go, problem solved, stamp it with the number LTSA has.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

I think the problem is some smart Arse has started a bun fight and now the powers that be are aware, simply providing a new repo body tag probably won't do it. I think arguing that the A is not normal and this is the fault is your best hope, but my fear is they are viewing it as a reshelled car, and will simply order it off the road. No skin off their nose. Happened to a mates dad with an HQ. Couldn't prove the cars identity so they cancelled it's reg.
Now they know the number I fear it may be hard and you need to think carefully about your next move.
Locally an RX7 was reshelled and I think it ended up being scrapped. I will find out if they were able to get around it.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Herby

Post by Herby »

Hi All.
Have found a link that states All four door sedans in Australia were assembled from CKD, complete knock down kits. ALSO have found two images of Australian Chassis Plates one with the Body/Chassis no. A04585. Our plate reads A03930.
I have included the images below for your viewing/comments.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

That concerns me, Suggests someone may have done a body swap, with a car from outside NZ, hard to get compliance, I understand, but no experience, Yet.
The Aussie plate is different to ours, which suggests someone has tampered with your plate. Maybe that is your argument, the plate has been tampered with, you suggest earlier this was the case.
Arguing that you bought a legit car, but the plate is tampered with is the best bet?
Still no more info on the RX7.
Datsuns from A to Zed
stirlingmac

Post by stirlingmac »

Is it possible to track down some previous owners and establish if the over sticker was from new. It could be as a result of damage of a shell during assembly and a replacement shell being put to use. An innocent act that now is seen as serious fraud...back in the day reshelling cars was common in motorsport and no one cared as long as you were the legitimate owner of all the vehicles..in the end end it's just a number.. And its frustrating that the term innocent until proven guilty isn't applied here...