610 Wagon HK4199

For all your general datsun ramblings
fj20_180b

610 Wagon HK4199

Post by fj20_180b »

Does anyone here know of a light orange 610 180b wagon from around the taupo area. License plate HK4199. Pretty rusty now. Used to be owned by 'Taupo Plumbers' as evident by paint fade outline on drivers door from their sign writing. Last had a wof in 2000
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Re: 610 Wagon HK4199

Post by rob240z »

What would you like to know about it? My dad brought it from taupo plumbing and it was in the family for a good number of years, Myself and my two brothers learnt to drive in it and i tracked it down two times in the years after my dad sold it with the hope of getting it back if you have it id love to see some pics of it and if your interested to selling it I'm differently keen for that :D
71 240Z
78 810SSS
fj20_180b

Post by fj20_180b »

Mainly wanting to know who has the plates off it. They are still on hold and it still has the engine bay tags - just no number plates. I suspect they are someones garage ornaments now.

I bought it on trade me from Taumarunui, it had been sold to a scrap metal guy, who thought that it was too rare to scrap. Very rusty now basically no sills, passenger floor, drivers door skin, bottom of hatch etc. Plan to restore over the coming years, interior is still pretty good.

After trailering it home found its a good runner and drives - although no brakes.

gif image hosting
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Good shit Sam!
If the plates can't be found, change ownership into your name, and buy new ones. Black plates are ruling, but if whoever has them now gets a rush of blood to the ehad and trys to dereg them, they might be stopped by a new plate number?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

can you not still go to post office and pay for owner details ? get black plates back .
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Nah it is very hard to get owners details for passed owners now. But you can buy current owners details if they haven't opted out. There was an editorial in a resent Classic car mag about it.
Datsuns from A to Zed
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

sweet man just as long as it wasn't going to be scraped but if you do ever decide you want to part with it please let me know. This is what i know my dad had it for quite awhile and has a few great stories to tell about it. He was a Nissan mechanic so was always looked after. When he sold it a young guy brought it last name was Campbell not that that will help you he then sold it to an older guy in Taumarunui i tracked that guy down and tried to buy it back but he wasn't very happy i had found him so it never happened i kept his details and tried a year later again with no luck i then went over there and found it setting under a tree looking pretty much like it is in your pic the guy i talked to then wasn't the owner but wasn't very friendly either the next time i went back it was gone and i thought that was the end of it now it pops up again. the guy Campbell took the mirrors off the guards and put those wheels on it
71 240Z
78 810SSS
fj20_180b

Post by fj20_180b »

Cool to know a bit of its history. Rob will give you first option if rust repairs proves too time consuming for me. Hoping to slowly chip away at it over a few years. Take the time and get it right. Just need to do some rust preventative work on my coupe before i start on it