Solidstripe's Father of Datsun

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
solidstripe

Solidstripe's Father of Datsun

Post by solidstripe »

Hahaha, thought I'd be the first to not actually post a datsun. But hey... I'm sure y'all don't mind, and I'm sure most of y'all probebly seen it before so I'll keep it brief.

My 1966 Prince B200 Gloria which I brought after selling John (SKDMRX) the Ceddy.

NZ made, down in Chch. Full history. Fully stock.

A truck load of spares came with it (literally):

etc etc

Right, that's enough, beautiful, loving it, on top of the world then:

Lady looks in the back seat while driving to talk to her kid, then out of all the cars in Tauranga she could of hit, mine was it... Gutted... Thought it was gona be a right off but HUGE thanks to Chris, John and Steve, got all the parts needed for the repair, and as of Tuesday, it looked like this:

And is getting treated very well by Colin Davis panelbeaters. They're doing a awesome job so far, can't wait till it's finished.

And it'l be back to this:

Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Solidstripe's Father of Datsun

Post by Bartman »

OMG!
Glad to hear it's being repaired.
Being in black, I almost expect to see the mafia stepping out of it in black suits with hats and black sunglasses. That is one stunning automobile!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Lookin Good Blake, so did they use any of the guard i sent up to you? Has the insurance company been payin for all of this??
Seibu Keisatsu
Datsun Dreamer

Post by Seibu Keisatsu »

Hey Datsun was making cars way before Prince ;). Best of luck with repairs, etc, though bro...
http://gx61.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

how much did you guys pay for the prince and what are they worth as I have found one that is in very nice condition.
the owner has no idea what it's worth, all he said was there can't be to many left.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

so good to see that its being repaired, and it looks like a top job as well ,cant wait to see it finished ,you must be relieved.
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

Cheers for the comments guys, yeah, fully relieved that she's getting done properly.

Yeah Chris, they used a piece of that guard, not the whole lot as it was pretty rusty. They took one slice just above the fold and sandblasted/fixed it before splicing it inbetween the original guard, and the same thing with the taillight surround. So yeah, what bit of it was used, they used well. Thanks once more bro for chopping it up for me/sorting it out. Don't know how this would of turned out without ya.
my1200 wrote:how much did you guys pay for the prince and what are they worth as I have found one that is in very nice condition.
the owner has no idea what it's worth, all he said was there can't be to many left.
I (and the guy who sold it to me) feel that I got it for a steal. I actually felt a bit stink paying what I did for it. ( a good few thou though). He had around 50 seperate people emailing him about it apparently, so I'm thinking they are quite sort after. Let's just say that before my one is back on the road, I'm upping the insurence to 5 figures. If you know of a good one, buy it. I've also been offered another one, but waiting on a dude to get back to me. It's his Grandad's, but he's taking his time... :roll:
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

good to see it on the mend.looks like theyr doing an awsome job.looking foward to seeing the end result...but not as much as you are
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

thanks I will chase it hard, the guy that owns it has had it since new and I have been its a 1963 also
I will do my best to own it.
They look very cool.
What do they Drive like??
How many are left in NZ???

Thanks for your answer what sort of figure would be a starting point.
solidstripe

Post by solidstripe »

They drive like a 60's Jappa! :D Reliable and soft as. They have a de-dion rear which is quite different I spose. Pretty cruisy cars. I left my drink on the benchseat beside me standing up right driving through Antenree gorge to Katikati from Waihi, and it was still where I left it half an hour earlier, still upright, so that's a good indicator as to the ride. A bit thirsty on gas, but I took one of the worn throttle bushings out to replace it (notice the rose jointed, hard out linked throttle, good over-enginering) and that's saving a bit of gas, but makes it slower too. But meh, slows not nessiserly a bad thing in a tank like this. A mates making me up another one soon. A start price? That's a bit hard without seeing it. Any pics? I'm sure you and the old boy could work something out.