B310 Coupe Full Resto-Mod ft. Supercharger - NOW ROLLING!!!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: blitzballas pit of money and happiness (Sunny Coupe)

Post by Bartman »

What failed on your engine?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by blitzballa »

Bartman wrote:What failed on your engine?
Not 100% sure yet although it looks like water got in to one of the cylinders. Going to go check it out on Monday. Tbh kinda over twincharge. Haven't spent that much money on it but I just really want to get my car on the road at this point...
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Were you twincharging when it failed?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Bartman wrote:Were you twincharging when it failed?
Na just had a turbo on it as we were running it in as it was an ex-forklift A series I got cheap. Have a rough twin charge setup planned but just want to get it boosting well first.
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Welp finally bit the bullet and talked to Blaine at fast blast. Said that he would have to wait a couple of weeks until he got a new air unit for the soda blaster but he is going to ring me as soon as he gets it by which time I'll have the Datsun on a rotisserie and ready to blast. He also told me to get in contact with Warrick as he lives close to him and may be able to lay a few coats of etch on the Datsun as I would like to do that pretty much straight away after blasting ready for the last bits of rust to come out. Can someone tell me what his username is so I can message him? Also Jesse, Blaine said you were after some blasting too and we could get them all done at the same time maybe would be a good idea to get them painted at the same time as well?

Am also going to go see my upholsterer and get the new carpet made and get a quote for repairing the seats. Was originally gonna get them all leathered but I really just want to get this damn thing back on the road before Akaroa so cost is a huge factor now as I am also saving to go back to uni (doing bachelor of automotive engineering this time!).

Basic plan at this stage is to primer car, get rust out, fix all interior panels and seats etc and put back in, mount new gearbox and diff, get driveshaft made and then give my A15 to my engine guy (baldman mechanical) and get this supercharger setup in the bag. Will also talk to Datsport in the next couple of weeks to get my suspension and steering setup finalised.

Feels good to actually have a deadline to get something done and make some forward progress for the first time this I picked this thing up!
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Oh and still looking for some old school Japanese 15" rims to suit my new brake setup so if you have anything let me know.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

OHHHHH we can race baldman a12 vs baldman a15 haha

what bits are you buying off datsport?

I have a a15 and a14 if you are interested? and I see you wrote get drive shaft made? why? have you finalized that diff yet?
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arnt you supercharging ya a15? if so I don't want to race. cheater cheater meat eater haha
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

tlssunny wrote:OHHHHH we can race baldman a12 vs baldman a15 haha

what bits are you buying off datsport?

I have a a15 and a14 if you are interested? and I see you wrote get drive shaft made? why? have you finalized that diff yet?
Just looking at getting the coilovers as I made do the brake upgrade myself. Also getting some stuff to help tighten up the steering and a new smaller master cylinder. I'll see how I go thanks man sort of put twincharging to the side until more money comes my way so hopefully I won't be blowing engines up any time soon haha. Well Bart gave me the driveshaft he was using with his 63a but I'll need a new one as the yoke is an L series plus I am changing to a new diff so might as well just get a new balanced one made. Haha we can race man and we can pretend I don't have an SC I'll only use 3/4 of my throttle. Still looking at the potential for NOS for the SC though.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Hey,I'm warrick, 0273330715, I'm just down the road from Blaine, he does all my blasting, I can do the epoxy.