B310 Coupe Full Resto-Mod ft. Supercharger - NOW ROLLING!!!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Re: blitzballas pit of money and happiness (Sunny Coupe)

Post by blitzballa »

beaver wrote:
blitzballa wrote: Also I tried consulting my Haynes book but it wasn't very clear. Is the wiring that goes from a four pin plug off the main engine harness in to the back of the gearbox (under chassis) the tacho reader? If it is is there anyway of removing this or is this something that's embedded in the gearbox? Had a quick squiz and it didn't seem to be able to be unhooked from its entry point in the gearbox with out pulling the rear shifter panel off. Doesn't matter too much as the main harness will still come out without it.
Negative. The tacho is fed from the ignition coil. The wires going to the gearbox are the reverse sensor, and if its an auto, the 'not start in gear switch'. The ones for the reverse sensor (side of the bearbox) should just be able to be pulled off the sensor (two wires)
Ah that makes sense thanks for that! I'll have a proper clean up around the area and have a closer look. The car has never been cleaned so the human/nature slime factor is very large haha.
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

So it has been a disappointingly long time since my last update so I'll try to cover everything I've done. Car is finally sand blast ready and only has the steering and diff (with wheels) left on it. I'm going to get in contact with Blaine at fast blast next week and hopefully organise to get it done soon. I also have the sign writer coming to take measurements of the Sunny racing stripes I have around the car so I can get them painted on once the car has been re-painted in a similar shade of white.

I also bought Barts supercharger setup and a small turbo setup from leppa and while boosted life is definitely on the top of my mind I have been putting some serious thought in to twin charging the A15. This would basically involve feeding the supercharger via the turbo and having a bypass valve that shuts the super down once the turbo starts spooling. There is next to nothing online so I'll have to do a bit more research first!!

Also found out on Ratsun.com that the US spec wide chrome bumpers are absolutely hated over there (they call them park benches) so hopefully I'll finally be able to get an end cap replacement for my one.

I'll put up some pics this weekend so no thread is useless emotes please!!!! :dance:
joebem

Post by joebem »

Hay man, I know some one that has a sunny coupe as a parts car for a ministock (it's rusty).do you want me to go have a look at the bumper end caps?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I've looked at twin charging before. It looks straight forward, but once the turbo begins to spool, the supercharger compound charges the boost from the turbo. Making higher boost than the blower can make alone. But when the blower cuts out, the boost would actually reduce until the turbo caught up.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

joebem wrote:Hay man, I know some one that has a sunny coupe as a parts car for a ministock (it's rusty).do you want me to go have a look at the bumper end caps?
Yea man that'd be awesome if you could as it would save me shipping from North America!! I'll pay good money if they are the right ones as well!!
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Bartman wrote:I've looked at twin charging before. It looks straight forward, but once the turbo begins to spool, the supercharger compound charges the boost from the turbo. Making higher boost than the blower can make alone. But when the blower cuts out, the boost would actually reduce until the turbo caught up.
Yea I have been reading through a few posts on american old school forums and there is a guy who twincharged an RB30 VL commy. He initially ran an electromagnetic clutch on his super but switched to a mechanical bypass valve. Hopefully I can get in contact with him....
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

MASSIVE SAY TODAY! Finally bought my bumper end caps from a guy over in the states I am almost in tears haha this has taken me almost 2 years just to find this part and it now means I have a 100% complete factory Datsun to rebuild! Pictures on their way :dance2:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

:popcorn: :popcorn:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Photos as promised!!!
20150719_225704.jpg
This is the supercharger and turbo I bought off Bartman and leppa!! Both will be used in my prototype twincharge setup but I will upgrade the turbo eventually to something much much bigger.
20150719_225716.jpg
Finally got the ****ing sunroof off and it revealed more cancer.
20150719_225728.jpg
An empty engine bay!! Did this a few weeks ago and its now minus all the other ancillaries completely!!
20150719_225754.jpg
Some of the turbo and super setup parts I should hopefully use some of!
20150719_225803.jpg
Two gearboxes, one engine hehe big plans for those items. Although if someone really wants one of the 5 speeds I may be able to part with it.....
20150719_225816.jpg
Some 13" Cheviots I got refurbished.. If anyone has some 15" ones I'd be real keen to get some!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blitzballa
Financial Member

Post by blitzballa »

Is anyone here really good at building rotisseries for Sunny's? I'd be keen to get one built up to make sanding, blasting and painting a damn sight easier. Can provide tools, beer and any expenses.