Datto1200 Got a Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto1200
Regular
aka: Mount

Datto1200 Got a Coupe

Post by Datto1200 »

Better give an update. I have pulled motor and box out. Just need to pull suspension and brake lines out then off to the blaster. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1200sss road car
1200sss Rally car
1200 mint to be restored sss rep
1200 Coupe CA18DET
Datto1200
Regular

Re: Datto1200 Got a Coupe

Post by Datto1200 »

Datto1200 wrote:Started cleaning up all the hidden roughness today by cleaning all the rubber sound proofing off to find more dodgy shit.
As you can see by photo's. Check out the carpet hidden box around gear stick and yes you can see day light though it if I put a light behind it. Not to sure on coupes floor pan but looks very high compared to sedan's is this normal? Needs few bits of rust done so looking at new paint. Once panel and rust done looking at a rewire whole as there's a lot of wires going nowhere. Probably half the reason it has a miss up in rev range. Put a boost gauge in it as the one that came with car went to 15psi and found car was running 18-20 psi. Went well when it didn't miss. dropped back to 10 psi and still goes hard but just a bit more drivable for streets. Found a photo of a white coupe on net that looks mean so looking at making it look like that. Trying to get this all done in 6 months as well as rally car rebuild so it be a year.

1200sss road car
1200sss Rally car
1200 Coupe CA18DET
Datto1200
Regular

Re: Datto1200 Got a Coupe

Post by Datto1200 »

Datto1200 wrote:
Datto1200 wrote:Started cleaning up all the hidden roughness today by cleaning all the rubber sound proofing off to find more dodgy shit.
As you can see by photo's. Check out the carpet hidden box around gear stick and yes you can see day light though it if I put a light behind it. Not to sure on coupes floor pan but looks very high compared to sedan's is this normal? Needs few bits of rust done so looking at new paint. Once panel and rust done looking at a rewire whole as there's a lot of wires going nowhere. Probably half the reason it has a miss up in rev range. Put a boost gauge in it as the one that came with car went to 15psi and found car was running 18-20 psi. Went well when it didn't miss. dropped back to 10 psi and still goes hard but just a bit more drivable for streets. Found a photo of a white coupe on net that looks mean so looking at making it look like that. Trying to get this all done in 6 months as well as rally car rebuild so it be a year.

Clean 6 + layers of paint off the roof today. Nice to see the roof is rust free

1200sss road car
1200sss Rally car
1200 Coupe CA18DET