Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Post by R3spct »

Kitch wrote:Yeah looks fairly typical for rust.
Mine looked pretty good before the sodium blasting! Then I could really see all the sins.
Paint & Panel on mine took around 650 hours…. (That’s full professional resto)

Note that there is an outfit in OZ that do rust repair sections for these, sills, floor pans etc
if you can cut & weld, then they would be very cost effective to do pillar repair and the likes.

Good luck – you have a long road ahead!
So you think all done by Xmas this year is a bit optimistic ;)

Have you got a link to the place in Aus? Ive found a place on Ebay that does the sills with the correct shape at ends for 60aud, waiting on a shipping price. The bottom of the A Pillars looks pretty simple to fold up, so might not worry too much, and the floors are ok apart from a couple of small holes where the water has sat against the edge of the underseal. Under the car is pretty much perfect, not even any pin pricks of rust, and all looks original and no serious signs of previous repairs.

Cut the drivers side sill out this avo, found most of the spot welds and got the center section nice and loose, so cut that bit out, now need to work out how to get the ends out, especially the back as it goes under the body work.

R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Have begun the cut and weld work, waiting on sills to be folded atm. Pics are before final weld fills between the spots.

Might need to get a Co2 bottle, argosheild is expensive...
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Awesome mate you'll have her going in no time .
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Getting ready to move house but we be a lot more room to work on the car soon.

Today's score, h165 ute axle from pickapart for $100, and new sills from APC in aussie, 190 nz delivered.

The ute has been there for at least a month, surprised the axle lasted that long.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

New house, new garage, new plans to get onto some work on the car.

Nice big shed, room for at least 3 project cars, but need to concentrate on this one for now, plan is to get the worst of metal work done by the end of the year, and get as many missing parts together, hopefully get main mechanicals in the car and engine running, brakes plumbed up etc before doing panel and paint.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

That shed is amazing mate good score on the ute diff to ill have to drop in next time im up.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

chris_g1 wrote:That shed is amazing mate good score on the ute diff to ill have to drop in next time im up.
Cheers, yup its a total man cave. Also have a decent double garage in house, plus a 3 bay dirt floor skyline garage for the car trailer etc. :dance:
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Sounds like heaven Darryl lol.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

If anyone is passing through Masterton to Auckland at any stage, and knows Shaun that i got my car from, he has a gas tank, driveshaft and a few other bits for my car. Would be very grateful if anyone could bring them up somewhere a little closer for me :D