Taupo meet and track day

rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Taupo meet and track day

Post by rob240z »

Ok the few that did turn up for the last round the lake meet got talking about getting more interest for the north island meets.There were afew options we came up with one being changing the date or even a different town. But most liked the idea of the taupo meet as it was the first ever run back with the old club so has some history we would like to keep going and theres no reason we cant have more meets in the north in other places, which are being looked at by some others at the moment. One thing we all liked was the track day idea. So i have been talking to the Zclub club captain Imogen about joining them for there track day on 16th of feb 2013 here is what he has to say about it

" Yes, the NZ Datsun Club people are welcome. Track spaces are firstly for Zeds, but have them register when the Taupo site goes live soon. They have to adhere to the same rules as everyone else, as this in a MotorSport NZ event, it might be a bit different to what they're used to, hopefully they'll learn something new from the event. Most usually do. Non member pay $120 for their track fee which includes lunch (all details up soon), spectators that wish to lunch with us it's $12 per person. All fees are pre-paid before the event."

He also told me that they normaly have spaces for up to 60 cars.

So this is just to see if there is any interest in this for a club meet or not. Maybe people could get the friday off, head to taupo we could meet up for drinks/dinner do the track day with the Z boys and girls saturday and head home sunday. So what do you guys think?
71 240Z
78 810SSS
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Re: Taupo meet and track day

Post by sr1600 »

Sounds awesome hopefully the 1600's can burn some zeds off ,Be good to meet some more maddatter's

Going into the shed now got heaps to get done to get there.
Last edited by sr1600 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

Mega keen. Just a heads up if it is a MSNZ event you will need prob at minimum a club sport license but you can usually buy these for 20 bux on the day from the MSNZ steward after sitting test. So keen for the 240's first log book entry to be this event. Also 15th is my birthday so keen for Friday shenanigans.
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

exellent rob we are keen jus to come and watch and bring the datto again but i have to put seat belts in the rear to get us there so best i go to the shed too haha
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Sounds Awesome Rob. This is an event I have wanted to come to for a while, would be great to meet some more "Maddatters" at the same time :D
I'd better nip down to the dairy and get a Lotto ticket, otherwise I won't be there this time either.
Great to see some momentum for you guys, keep it up.
Our Track day at the Nationals was an awesome time, even if I did end up in the Gravel.
I really encourage as many as can to get along. The requirements to get on the track are not too difficult.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Rusty
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ryan

Post by Rusty »

Ill be keen to come for a look
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

I am keen as mustard and am going to get my shit sorted and get block to engine builders this week.
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Msnz trackday should just mean shedule a, and for trackdays I'm sure its just the bolted in fire extinguisher and overalls / helmet, so easy fun times.
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Cool to see some interrest,there was no mention of licence's i'll ask and find out for sure but as brock said i think you just need helmet and overalls.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

im keen guys fixed all the broken bits now haha time to break some more