NZ Datsun Nationals Track session

SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Re: NZ Datsun Nationals Track session

Post by SRDATO »

Does anyone no who took this photo of my car?
It popped up through awesomepowered.com but cant find any more photos of the track evening apart from Dans 1600 and my mates s1 rx7 that was there.
Seems to be an awesome camera and be great if theres more pics that can be posted by them.

MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

SRDATO wrote:Yea he was very lucky, i though he was going over - got my heart going watching it unfold haha

Diff definitely doesn't sound good, was hoping to have it done to bring it to Akaroa but was one of those jobs that didnt go to plan.

Heres the other vid i took, similar to other one but chasing down Matt (Speed_Freak) is his 300zx.
He let me go in the end as his brakes were stinking bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcInRdDr ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah it was a bit freaky going into the gravel, I knew as we hit it we would bite. AS it went up I was a bit worried but neither the girl or I were scared, guess it was the rollcage and harness.
Thanx for posting the vid, it was quite a way up, couldn't believe it didn't go over. :P

Great night, thanx to all those who came along, up there as one of the most enjoyable Datsun events I have been involved in, despite my misdemeanour it was still a great night out. Just seeing all the smiling faces was worth it for me :P
I'm on for a regular thing and am happy to put my hand up to organise it. Hopefully not on a study day next time to allow me to get there in good time.
Datsuns from A to Zed
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

classicdat wrote:
SRDATO wrote:Yea he was very lucky, i though he was going over - got my heart going watching it unfold haha

Diff definitely doesn't sound good, was hoping to have it done to bring it to Akaroa but was one of those jobs that didnt go to plan.

Heres the other vid i took, similar to other one but chasing down Matt (Speed_Freak) is his 300zx.
He let me go in the end as his brakes were stinking bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcInRdDr ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah it was a bit freaky going into the gravel, I knew as we hit it we would bite. AS it went up I was a bit worried but neither the girl or I were scared, guess it was the rollcage and harness.
Thanx for posting the vid, it was quite a way up, couldn't believe it didn't go over. :P

Great night, thanx to all those who came along, up there as one of the most enjoyable Datsun events I have been involved in, despite my misdemeanour it was still a great night out. Just seeing all the smiling faces was worth it for me :P
I'm on for a regular thing and am happy to put my hand up to organise it. Hopefully not on a study day next time to allow me to get there in good time.
Vaughn cant say thanks enough for organising this, ill be the first to put my hand up to help organise another meet, cant wait to get out there next time, when the cranks not knocking and the rings actually seal, might get more than 123kmh at the end of the straight.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

2 doors wrote: Vaughan cant say thanks enough for organising this, ill be the first to put my hand up to help organise another meet, cant wait to get out there next time, when the cranks not knocking and the rings actually seal, might get more than 123kmh at the end of the straight.
Wal your smile was thanx enough, you really had a ball ,and ran in the sped restricted group, proof you don.t need 2,000,000 horse power to have fun :D I hope this encourages more to get out there and enjoy their DATSUNS
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Keen on organising and coming to the next one - can also jump in with people in the slower group to give them tips on lines and how to drive quickly around the track (lets face it most people are only open road warriors and havnt been around a track before).

Most people know how to drive around the track but usually loose alot of time by not knowing where to place the car in the corners. Done alot of this in the past in my Karting days doing track walks and blackboards with younger and older new racers.

Not trying to sound like a know all as even i learnt alot in vegas driving the GTR and Lambo Mercialargo with someone who knew what they were doing sitting next to you.

Def keen to get the Y out, will hopefully have it going by the next one.

Im also eeping in contact with the farmer over the back to see if we can organise an Autocross / GrassKhana out the back of our place - always fun ripping up the grass. (especially for low HP guys)
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

That's a Great offer Brock.

I had Dave with me showing me the lines, and to be honest it probably was the difference that helped me not go flying off the track and into something solid.

And having lots of power can make it less fun, and more difficult to get around the track, i kind of wished that my first go was in a slower car so i could have got the hand of it a little better, rather than trying to keep it in a straight line ( and going really slow anyway )

I am keen to give a hand to help organize future track attacks
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Post by Speed_Freak »

SRDATO wrote:Does anyone no who took this photo of my car?
It popped up through awesomepowered.com but cant find any more photos of the track evening apart from Dans 1600 and my mates s1 rx7 that was there.
Seems to be an awesome camera and be great if theres more pics that can be posted by them.

The guy from awesomepowered.com, message him on facebook
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Post by SRDATO »

Yea cheers, thought he might have been a member or something for him to have been there.
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

looked like so much much fun can't wait to get my car out. Well done Classicdat!