2 doors 1200 coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: 2 doors 1200 coupe

Post by 2 doors »

actually physically sanded the skin off the top of one finger tip getting the wheels done, then after it had healed a little, I sanded it off again doing the paint lol,
no. plate was left field big time, took the driveshaft off and everything trying to find the issue, was only when i was having lunch and the dog next door brushed passed it and it vibrated that I realised what the possible problem was. lol

removed a leaf, from 3 down to 2, and it already had a 40mm lowering block in it, that I left in. may flip the eye leaf later down the track, to get it lower still, but that will have to wait till I can modify the front wheel well, footwell, to clear the wheels when I drop the front at the same time.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

aaaarrrrgggghhh PANIC well not quite but maybe, went to shift the car today as im heading off to rotarua to finish a motorhome fitout, and it was quite hard to start, so started fiddeling, and found the pumpjet wasnt pumping, no worrries there, anyway started pulling things apart and checking everything at the carb end, gave it all a clean and put it back together, started it up and got it running fine again....... only to find that the fuel pump is pissing fuel out everywhere, so heading to rotarua in a couple of hours and wont be back till tuesday night,
wednesday ill have to fit a new pump, and hope that all is well for the trip down ,but what would a road trip be without some startout drama lol , at least its an A series and pretty simple :deadhorse:
datpete
Financial Member

Post by datpete »

Just get your shit together and get down to the MAINLAND!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

datpete wrote:Just get your shit together and get down to the MAINLAND!
will do, ill just put an electric pump on it if I have to, looking forward to catching up pete, hope your working hard out on your coupe for Ruapuna ;)
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Got a text from taipai racer, telling me that repco rotarua had electric pumps at less than half price, so ive been and bought one, will hopefully get it fitted tuesday night when im back in tauranga, and spend wednesday making sure its ready for a road trip.

cross fingers lol
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

well looks like everything happens for a reason lol, installed the new pump today, and found that the rubber fuel hose going to the filter was perished and about to split open, (it is 40 years old though) so put the new pump in and fitted all new hose,s.
she starts sweet as now and runs better than ever, ive filled the tank and just counting down the hours till tomorrow morning when I head off to pick up Mark.

see you all friday night :burnout:
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Hey Wal if you need a pit stop on the way through feel free to stop in before Wellington. Same place as last time and not far off SH1. Numbers in my profile.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

Nice work. Looking forward to rolling to the mainland in this steed.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

crustywhip wrote:Hey Wal if you need a pit stop on the way through feel free to stop in before Wellington. Same place as last time and not far off SH1. Numbers in my profile.
thanks brother, will see where we are at when we get there,