2 doors 1200 coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: 2 doors 1200 coupe

Post by Kitch »

nice work Wal - looks bling
and yes look like flash fins (perfect on a 110)
but I have had about 8 beers and 3 glasses of jamesons & dry, so will review tomorrow.... :mrgreen:
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

nzdatman wrote:Looking sweet mate! Love the sunny badges. Get those wheels on pronto and post more pics!
wont be till next week :( im off to rotavegas tomorrow to work on a motorhome, be back on wed, and sort wheels thursday cant wait.
fangadan

Post by fangadan »

Looking good Wal when are you bringing this down for us to see?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

fangadan wrote:Looking good Wal when are you bringing this down for us to see?
2 weeks today mate, how is family life young fella
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

well lucky for me I rung the guy in rotavegas before heading over in the truck, as he didnt have the parts needed for me to continue on with his build,
so I lowerd the back of the coupe instead, took out the bottom leafspring, which now leaves 2 leafs, differance is amazing, it doesnt feel like its going to step out at the back when pushing hard round corners now. and its lowerd the rear by about 40mm as well, the only problem is that it now has a horrendous vibration at 50-60mph.
I think it may be due to the fact that it has more washers on 2 wheel nuts side by side on the passenger wheel, and may be causing an imbalance, im hoping to get the tyres swapped tomorrow onto the new wheels, so this will either stop the issue or ill have to look further.
Im sure it was fine before I removed the wheels to lower it and put them back on.

I also thought that the motor was starting to knock really bad intermittantly, but this seems to have been the dipstick rubbing on the rotating crank.
(see post under general datsun chat)

hope to have some pics tomorrow on the new wheels with new ride height
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

pissing down with rain today, but i have been down to the tyre guys and had the wheels /tyres swapped over, the young guy thought it was a cool car, but had never seen one before lol, the vibration has subsided quite a bit, but is still noticable, so will have to get underneith when things dry out, and check diff levels etc.
I dropped the driveshaft out last week when removeing the gearbox to do the thrust bearing, so will check to see if ive maybe missed out a washer somewhere, or if the universal is perhaps missaligned somehow.

if/when it stops raing ill get some pics up
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Hey those wheels look familiar - cant remember who i sold them to...

2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

brocky41 wrote:Hey those wheels look familiar - cant remember who i sold them to...

grant 76? from matamata
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Today has gone well, i have sorted the vibration after a fair bit of head scratching, it turned out to be a vibrating licence plate lol, lowering the car at the rear must have changed the way the air moved under the car, resulting in the plate vibrating like crazy, so a couple of xtra bolts with some rubber o rings between the plate and the bracket and its all sorted.
I also went and spent a couple of hours at pick a part and managed to find an old chevette that gave up its little metal door panel clips, so now the rear side interior panels are securely in place, while there I stripped out a heap of the little plastic caps that hold the rear plastics in place as well, so tomorrow I should be able to finish putting the interior boot section back together.

and to finish things off I got a bolt to hold the spare wheel down and obtained some carpet to cover the rear boot area, which has helped to cut down on the road noise, so its basically ready for the drive down to chch now.

Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

you must have no skin left on your hands bringing those wheels back from the dead, to how they look now! nice work :D

did you put some blocks in the back, or flip a spring?

look forward to seeing it in real life at akaroa mate

that vibration issue is a lark - who would have thought!!!