DJZ's other 280ZXs

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: DJZ's other 280ZXs

Post by DJZ »

I'm on the lookout for more RB26 throttle bodies for this thing, they're getting a little bit hard to find.

I spent a few hours on Sunday removing the subframe mounts out of the parts Laurel, I got the front two out by just cutting them out, with the rear ones I thought I'd try and remove the spot welds and pull the panel they were mounted to in one piece and fit this to the Z as I've seen this done on one in Japan, except it was a brand new piece from an R32 which you can read about here http://www.takkun.net/dri-z-324.html. I haven't managed to get it out yet but I will one night this week.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

DJZ wrote:Now if I could just liberate one of these from work I'd be 90% there.

I'm sure with all your skills you could scan and 3D print one :burnout:
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Finally managed to get the rear subframe mounts out of the parts Laurel, what a nightmare. I wouldn't try and remove it in one piece next time as it didn't work very well this time, I'd just cut them out.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I mostly finished the model for the throttle body adaptors apart from somewhere to put the injectors, I've given the model to one of the guys at work to 3D print out of plastic so I can see what it looks like and make sure it's going to work.

We got rid of the compressor in the machine shop at work so I've got a bit more room there so I'm going to take the V8 to work on Friday while I've still got the HTC ute. I've spent quite a lot of time looking at what I can use to replace the broken bits on it - unfortunately the VK56 thermostat housings which are a lot slimmer don't fit on the VK45s so I'll have to get another 45 one. I think the rocker cover is saveable, will try and find someone to plastic weld it.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Not very exciting but I got the new non hydraulic fan water pump for this thing from eBay.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Took the sump off the VK today and it looks like it's doable, I think I'm going to have to make a sump flange about 25 or 30mm thick and put two ports in it that run out the front or side for a remote filter mount. The engine itself looks pretty clean on the inside which is good,

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Those VK45 plastic thermostat housings are available new from Nissan ex-Japan from memory. Had to replace one on a customers Fuga at work

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Datto_610 wrote:Those VK45 plastic thermostat housings are available new from Nissan ex-Japan from memory. Had to replace one on a customers Fuga at work
Unfortunately it's this whole monstrosity that I need.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Bugger... not easy to come by I imagine..
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

My new cam angle sensors turned up, that's about all I've done on this in a while. Need to get the sump flange pattern sorted and buy some ali to make one out of.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread