Queens birthday cruise, June 3rd

dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Queens birthday cruise, June 3rd

Post by dirtyleppa »

maybe just let them know older zeds are preferred, and if they wanna tag along, it will be sweet
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeah id imagine it would be hard to control. All im saying is if we let z club turn up it opens up to later models like z32/r32/s13 as these are the next models after what we deem acceptable age models on the cruises. not my call though i aint in the comittee
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Definitely see where you are coming from :) I won't bother this time but I'll keep it in mind for the next one. The Z Club in Auckland quite often do interclub things - mainly with the Mini Club they do night trials. More cars, more people, most of the time more fun.
Last edited by DJZ on Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I knew that gtr wouldve been brought up. dont worry about me tho. just my personal opinion. Im not the rule enforcer. Talk to Bart he,s the Boss. Im not even going on this cruise. I dont think its a really great cruise for Datsuns. I ride my 1966 50cc scooter on the same route with a doz other scooters and for us its great as we can tap them out and enjoy the corners. I remember doing this cruise in Lewis,s 180B and it sucked as you cant pin it around corners as they are so narrow.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Hah, it's all good - not trying to ruffle any feathers. I'll see you guys on the 3rd, might have something new to show off as well if things don't turn to crap like they usually do.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

classicdat wrote:Ohh I don't know. What do they drive? Is it a Datsun? We don't want a repeat of that James Guy with the Blue Z31...Lol
Just a tongue in cheek dig at James, who is actually a great guy. IMHO.
I see inter-club as something completely different, where the line is of who is welcome and who isn't on Datsun Cruises is a good question and one the comity will need to look at. Maybe smaller cruises like this one, Hanmer and the numbers we had to the first Southern Cruise mean it would benefit the community to have others invited or adding to the cruise and we can be a bit more precious about Akouroa, having it a Datsun Only cruise, (Although I have seen a certain Toyota on that at one stage as I recall).
Great question Dan, Maybe the answer is different for members and non-members as it were. If you are regularly on cruises in your Datsun, it's ok to show up in your Nissan?
Datsuns from A to Zed
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

righto folks, cruise it this sunday. make sure you all have your datsuns sorted so we can have a good day.

Meeting place: Ferrymead Mitre10 mega car park, Main Road Ferrymead.

Time: 10:30am.

Itinerary: After meet and greet, we'll be heading down Main Road, and through the tunnel to lyttleton.We then head around the bays to Governors bay for a quick stop at the hotel then to the wheasheaf tavern in Teddington for a refreshments break. Following this, those who wish to can preceed up Gebbies Pass and onto Summit road to the sign of the kiwi.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

spare seat anyone?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

classicdat wrote:
classicdat wrote:Ohh I don't know. What do they drive? Is it a Datsun? We don't want a repeat of that James Guy with the Blue Z31...Lol
Just a tongue in cheek dig at James, who is actually a great guy. IMHO.
I see inter-club as something completely different, where the line is of who is welcome and who isn't on Datsun Cruises is a good question and one the comity will need to look at. Maybe smaller cruises like this one, Hanmer and the numbers we had to the first Southern Cruise mean it would benefit the community to have others invited or adding to the cruise and we can be a bit more precious about Akouroa, having it a Datsun Only cruise, (Although I have seen a certain Toyota on that at one stage as I recall).
Great question Dan, Maybe the answer is different for members and non-members as it were. If you are regularly on cruises in your Datsun, it's ok to show up in your Nissan?

Haha you guys awesome

Blue Z31's are all Bart's fault as he invited me in the first place :D
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I took a gamble with you James.
Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. :lol:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............