NZdatsun Rakaia cruise. Saturday February 18th.

jas1200
Datsun Driver
aka: Jas

Re: NZdatsun Rakaia cruise. Saturday February 18th.

Post by jas1200 »

I,m not going to be able to make it now, ive arrived in Chch but have a blowen head gasket (bugger). I,ll probally come for a chat in the morning but wont be able to make the run.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Shit mate, just jump in with somebody else.
There's always spare seats, and car hopping is a great way to get to know people.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
lewishorrell
Financial Member
aka: biebs

Post by lewishorrell »

i may only be able to make it to the car park in chch to meet up cant really justify and or afford coming up to chch on friday then driving back down then back up got a fair bit of money spending to do for warrant things before the 19th :(
1972 p610 180B SSS
1970 p510 1600
Jabo
Financial Member
aka: Jasper

Post by Jabo »

I'm Gutted I was really Amped for this since I haven't made it to a meet in over a year but it turns out my mates stags do is then and I cant not go since I'm groomsman hope you guys have a good time hopefully Ill see you at the next one
My Life is a Very Complicated Drinking Game
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

We will be there.
toycollector10

Post by toycollector10 »

I know, I'm a fricken' joy-germ...And I am not your mother!!

"DO NOT WALK YOUR DOGS IN THESE AREAS - ALGAL BLOOM · Ashburton River at State Highway 1 bridge · Ashley River at State Highway 1 · Waimakariri River at Reids Reserve Environment Canterbury is monitoring the sites and the public will be advised of any changes in water quality. The Community and Public Health division of the Canterbury District Health Board have issued a health warning after potentially toxic algae (benthic cyanobacteria) were found in the Ashburton, Waimakariri and Ashley Rivers. Canterbury Medical Officer of Health Dr Ramon Pink says the algae look like dark brown/ black mats and can produce toxins harmful to humans and animals. “Exposure may cause skin rashes, nausea, stomach cramps, tingling and numbness around the mouth and fingertips,” Dr Pink says. “If you experience any of these symptoms, visit your doctor immediately and let your doctor know if you’ve had contact with algal mats or water in this area. “No one should drink the water from the river at any time.” Boiling the water from the river does not remove the toxin. However, reticulated town water supplies are currently safe. Animals should be taken to a vet immediately if they come into contact with the contaminated rivers, Dr Pink says. Humans and animals, particularly dogs, should avoid the following sites until the health warning has been lifted: Thanks Steve for sharing"

Anyway, It doesn't mention the Rakaia River but keep a lookout for crap where you are swimming. TC
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Thanx for the heads up. Hopefully this is a down stream problem, and the head waters will be OK. I have promised the girls a swim if the day is OK.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I hope they are brave Vaughn.
Ive swimmed in that river every year ive been. Its so freaking cold. Im putting it on tempreture par with Lake wakatipu in Q town @ new years eve and Avalanche Peak waterfall pools in Arthurs Pass.
Sooooo cold.
Great if your hungover!
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Anyone got a spare seat? :D
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

We will dude, you need picking up?