Ruapuna Interclub Track Day/Time Attack - 9 Feb 2012

Blazing Bullet

Ruapuna Interclub Track Day/Time Attack - 9 Feb 2012

Post by Blazing Bullet »

Salutations guys and girls,
Well I've finally decided to get my ass into gear and organise this time attack day!!

>Who: All forum members of SilviaNZ, NZHondas, ClubSub and MR2 Owners Club and anyone else I can scavenge. Minimum places required for this day to go ahead is 20 with a maximum of 30 @ $100 per entry. PAYMENT IS TO BE DONE BY ASAP.

>What: Time attack day consisting of a driver training session in the morning and timed laps around the Grand Prix layout of the track in the afternoon.

>When: Thursday, 9 February 2012 - Weather permitting, please re-read this thread on the day before or in the morning of the event if there is a chance of heavy rain.

>Where: "Powerbuilt Tools Raceway" 109 Hasketts Road, Templeton, Christchurch

>How: The days order is the following....

8am: Track opens for scrutineering - I expect drivers and helpers to be arriving by now!
9am: Drivers Briefing
9.30am: Indian File Lap + Start driver training session
12pm: Lunch time!
12.30pm: Second Drivers briefing.. this is basically time for us to organise your cars and the track
1pm: STREET Time attack commences
2.30: Finish STREET category, PRO Time attack commences.
4pm: Finish PRO category. Open pit lane again OR do "ENCORE ROUND" by way of vote.
5pm: Close track, pick up your rubbish, pack up and leave

All times are subjective to change.... being fairly new to this "organising" thing means it probably will.

**DRIVER TRAINING SESSION**
This will consist of an open lane format, around 5-6 cars out on track at a time. Pull up to the end of the pit lane and wait for your signal to move onto the track. Use this time to get the know the track better and hone your technique. I will be selecting certain forum members to help out with 1 on 1 driver training for those wanting to get a few tips to drive faster. These drivers will be wearing a red band on their wrist and will be allowed to be passengers in other peoples vehicles. More info will be given on the day.

**TIME ATTACK FORMAT**
Ok, so this is the guts of the day. For safety reasons you will be doing standing starts from the start/finish line rather than the normal "flying lap" you see at normal time attack events.

There will be two categories for this day. PRO and STREET.

PRO: People who have a dedicated race/highly tuned car or those that consider themselves fairly confident in their abilities.
STREET: People who have normal road cars or those that aren't too confident in their abilities yet.

You will basically start out from the pitlane on your "out" lap. Use this time to warm up your tires, brakes etc but dont hold us up. Pull up to the right side of the start/finish line and when the flag drops drive hard for the one lap. As you cross the line your time will be recorded using a space-age time keeping device (stopwatch) and put up on a whiteboard for everyone to see. Cool off and then come into the pits.

Drive fast but please drive to your limits. I do NOT want to fish any cars out from the barriers during the day...

Winner of each category will win a chocolate fish and bragging rights.

After we've gone through all the members I thought we might do an "ENCORE ROUND"? This will consist of the fastest member of each forum, regardless of category, to put a time up. Winning member will get a spot prize (anyone care to donate something??) and forum will have bragging rights. Otherwise I'll just open the pit lane again and people can thrash their cars until 5pm.

**GENERAL RULES**
1. No refunds will be given. If you've paid your commited. Unless the event gets cancelled in which case you will get a full refund.
2. NO INTENTIONAL DRIFTING.I am taking a zero tolorance policy on drifting. Not only do you risk damaging the track, its a slower way of driving. Any one caught intentionally drifting will be asked to leave. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
3. No spectactors to this event. You may bring a friend or two to help you out but they are your responsibilty.
4. No consumption of alcohol on the premises, smoking to be done only in the control quad or grassed areas.
5. If you use a vehicle bay please leave them the way you found them.
6. Passengers will NOT be allowed for this event unless you've been given express permission by me. At minimum, your car will need a full cage and your passenger will need to be wearing overalls and a helmet.

**CAR REQUIREMENTS**
-Current Warrent of Fitness or MSNZ Logbook. Exceptions can be made (contact me first) but these cars will be scruitineered more throughly.
-Battery secured by using a metal strap to the chassis OR using a battery strap kit from Repco/Super Cheap secured to a solid mounting point. Battery boxes tied with a strap is not acceptable. Any concerns please ask me BEFORE arriving to the track.
-Secure Seat
-Tyres are in good condition. People intending to run semi slicks will be shifted to PRO class automatically.
-No loose objects in the car
-Fire extinguisher securely mounted to the chassis of the car. Cable ties or securing into the dash is not acceptable. FYI $50 for an extingiusher from Repco/Super Cheap and a bracket made up of 5mm thick sheet steel from an engineers shop bolted to the passenger seat holes works a treat (Mine got made up for $20).
-Noise limit is 90db at 30 meters. This will be carefully monitored and if exceeded, the offending car will not be allowed to participate.
-Interior stripping is down to how extreme you want to go, as long as you have a seat and nothing can cut you into Shushimi if you roll then your fine.

**DRIVER REQUIREMENTS**
-Clean and tidy 100% cotton overalls
-Fully enclosed shoes
-Fully enclosed helmet. BMX helmets are fine, just no $10 K-Mart specials please.
-A good attitude towards others.

**FLAGS**
Coloured flags will be used during this event and all drivers are to obey them.
GREEN - All clear, resume racing
YELLOW - Danger out on track, slow down. Be aware there might be people/debris on the track
BLACK - Penalty has been actioned. Driver showen this flag must pit in immediately and see officials
RED - Race Stopped. Slow down and pit in immediately
CHEQURED FLAG - Race finished. Pit in this lap

Ok so that pretty much sums it up. You will not be confirmed until I see payment in my account. If you would like to participate please PM me with these details:

===============
Full name:
Home forum:
Forum Username:
Car Make:
Car Model:
Car Rego:
===============

People who have PM'ed me details/Registered interest but have yet to pay:
gtlegacy [ClubSub]
Scythe [SilviaNZ]
valvebounce [NZDatsun]
SRDATO[NZDatsun]
brocky41 [NZDatsun]
BlazingBullet #4 [Filler]
BlazingBullet #5 [Filler]
SR-S15 [SilviaNZ]

If you find yourself in the above list and dont have my bank details please PM me again. I probably forgot to reply.

Paid AND confirmed attendance:
1.Rabid [MR2 Owners Forum]
2.BLK180SX [SilviaNZ]
3.BlazingBullet #1 [Filler]
4.BlazingBullet #2 [Filler]
5.BlazingBullet #3 [Filler]
6.ITR2NV [NZHondas]
7.lachlanw [SilviaNZ]
8.lachlanw #2 [SilviaNZ]
9.Merve0o0 [SilviaNZ]
10.DJZ #1 [NZDatsun]
11.sspyve #1 [SilviaNZ]
12.sspyve #2 [Filler]
13.illicit [NZHondas]
14.NiKSIR [NZHondas]
15.Ribzuba [NZHondas]
16.Dimaat [SilviaNZ]
17.sbkiwisb [SilviaNZ]
18.sbkiwisb #2 [Filler]
19.warwick [MR2 Owners Forum]
20.funy1984 [SilviaNZ]
========================
News Updates: 2/2/11
Ok guys, 1 week to go. Make sure you and your car are up to standard. Or you might find yourself in this situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMRbEO_y ... r_embedded
Watch this space on wednesday morning in case of rain or some other cancellation... Oh yeah, the sooner everyone gets to the track the sooner we start racing! Simple. So get it done!
========================
Last edited by Blazing Bullet on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 14 times in total.
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Ruapuna Interclub Track Day/Time Attack - 9 Feb 2012

Post by DJZ »

I'll be there.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Ill have to give this one a go - hope the 120y would keep up with at least a couple of hondas haha
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Thanks for the invite.
It was me who suggested offering entry to NZdatsun at SNZ.
I'm extremely tempted. But I can't garantee my car will be road legal then. If I pay, and my car isn't up to it, can I bring another vehicle on the day? (Providing it's legal of course)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Blazing Bullet

Post by Blazing Bullet »

Bartman wrote:Thanks for the invite.
It was me who suggested offering entry to NZdatsun at SNZ.
I'm extremely tempted. But I can't garantee my car will be road legal then. If I pay, and my car isn't up to it, can I bring another vehicle on the day? (Providing it's legal of course)
Yes certainly. At the moment there isnt even enough people to consider keeping the day open! In which case you will get a refund.
SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Post by SRDATO »

I could defiantly be keen to have a go.
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
Blazing Bullet

Post by Blazing Bullet »

:highfive:

Now I need payments :lol:

Give me a PM if you would like to enter and i'll give out my bank details.

Cheers!
Blazing Bullet

Post by Blazing Bullet »

bump for an update. Payments are coming in sloooooooooooooow but least they're coming. Comon guys I thought you were up for this? :shock:
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I've been really slack so I've just transfered the money. Hopefully I'll have a going car by then!
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Blazing Bullet

Post by Blazing Bullet »

lol thanks dj. Do you know if daniel coming too?