Kaikoura Cruise to follow Akaroa. Nov. 19th

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Kaikoura Cruise to follow Akaroa. Nov. 19th

Post by classicdat »

OK so here's the plan:
Meet at the Last pub on the Left, (West) side of SH1 heading north out of Belfast at 9am Saturday the 19th of Nov.
Showing on Google as "Belfast Tavern" any body know it as anything else? Brocky, it's your local?

Leave about 9.30 heading North on SH1 to Cheviot for Morning Tea, (Steve) then continuing as far as Hawkswood Hill, about 18km North of Cheviot for a perve. (Hillclimb weekend).
Back down SH1 and right into the Awesome Leader Rd for the drive to Waiau for a pie or ice cream, or both and call it lunch.
Then Waiau to Kaikoura Go Kart (Skid) track. (This is the inland scenic route, believe me, these roads are awesome)
Kaikoura to fill up then home via the Hundalee's, perfect day!
These roads have got to be seen to be believed (enjoyed), they are deserted and flowing, opening into some wonderful straights as we return to the coast from Waiau, pretty much something for everyone.

Last year we had a very Mini cruise to Kaikoura, following some of the most Awesome roads, (In the world), there was no traffic hardly at all, the sad thing was our 3 Datsuns, well 2 and a Nissan, didn't really change that:(
The discussion at the time was to run it closer to the Akaroa cruise to carry on the momentum.

Are Ya Keen?

Those who have expressed an interest in attending:
datman310, Birthday boy who is shouting!!!
SRDATO
luke
braasmonkey
classicdat
KSpatz
dirtyleppa
datsunboy & Pip
brocky41, if he can handle it
Bartman
z18et1200coupe
kartboy
mint16
Well this looks like a good start, and still a fews weeks to go, get the word out if you need a hand get there, I'm sure someone can lend a hand.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 19th
Last edited by classicdat on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Kaikoura Cruise to follow Akaroa

Post by Bartman »

I'm dead keen.
How about we do it on show day?

It'll be awsome!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

I can't do show day, am going up to Picton that weekend.....................although I could take the sunny and just carry on up after i guess.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

I'd be keen, pending how well the 1200 does on the Akaroa cruise (if any work is required etc). Never been on this cruise, there usually many takers?
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Brassy we tried it for the first time last year, that's where I met you first, at the staging at Northwood New World. Only 3 cars, was 4 but we lost one. Great roads, and a skid at the go Kart track at Kaikoura. Easy to make it a full day.
Datsuns from A to Zed
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

cant do show day either
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

I know it won't suit Hayden but how would the Saturday of show weekend sound? I was thinking the past weekend would be good for next year, as there is a car show on, and it would be good to put on a display and to support those that do, but having missed that weekend it would be good to do something mid to late Nov, close to Akaroa but well before Christmas.
Datsuns from A to Zed
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

classicdat wrote:Brassy we tried it for the first time last year, that's where I met you first, at the staging at Northwood New World. Only 3 cars, was 4 but we lost one. Great roads, and a skid at the go Kart track at Kaikoura. Easy to make it a full day.
Oh true! Seems like so long ago, I forgot!! :) Yeah, did seem like a small turnout but hopefully, given plenty of time, people could be organised enough to make it :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Have since spoken to the better half (well will let her believe that) and she is not to keen on travelling back from picton in sunny so I will have to give show day a miss unless I can hide somewhere in the wife's corolla.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

im in, best road i have ever driven