Akaroa 2011 - feature for or against?

Are you for or against alerting a magazine for a feature of NZDATSUN AKAROA CRUISE 2011?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:40 pm

1. I'm for it
89%
2. Nah, that idea is stink au
11%

Total votes: 18

gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: Akaroa 2011 - feature for or against?

Post by gingofthesouth »

kyteler wrote: That said, I am a known to be a cunt so it could just be a personality conflict and entirely my fault.
:lol: I love your honesty!

Same can be said about me from time to time, but mostly to those who deserve it haha

TBO, I have never heard of the Juiced magazine (would I be hanging my head in shame? Or is it that I am too old to know about it?)
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:I spoke to Vaughan (Classicdat) today, and he suggested what about speaking to NZ classic car magazine? After all, datto's a about as classic as it gets. (Exlcuding cars that are gay) Also, they did a faeture on a B210sss back in about '94.
I think that might be an option for "good" exposure. Might attract the right kind of people. A lot of NZPC's target demographic I wouldn't descibe as the sort of folk we want to attract. (Friend's don't let friends fit 20" chromes to their dattos)
Unless its a slammed out ute, with hydraulics, candy paint and fluffy dice! Booyah!
My orangatang 510 here.
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

gingofthesouth wrote:
kyteler wrote: That said, I am a known to be a cunt so it could just be a personality conflict and entirely my fault.
:lol: I love your honesty!

Same can be said about me from time to time, but mostly to those who deserve it haha

TBO, I have never heard of the Juiced magazine (would I be hanging my head in shame? Or is it that I am too old to know about it?)
It is a new magazine, has only been out for a few issues, I think it is good as it is covering vehicles from all seens not just the blinged out shit you get in NZPC
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Classic car is for old people that restore to boring standard condition!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

z181200 wrote:Classic car is for old people that restore to boring standard condition!
True.

It's also for people who love quality old cars, whether they be Mustangs, Alfas or Datsuns. I guess for many buying NZCC will be as close to buying a Classic as their wife will let them get. Seeing Datsuns as a classic option might broaden their view and our membership.
You are right they probably won't paint a rising sun on the side, (may even feel offended by it) or cover it in their suppliers logos but they will still appreciate others creativity and skill, then hop back into their near std Dato and head home having enjoyed their day with a sector of society they may never have had anything to do with had they not bought a Datsun, and our cruises can be richer for this.

Datsuns can fit in both Mags, and some won't fit in either, we don't have our own mag, that's why the forum exists, but Magazines allow us exposure to a wider audience.
I don't favour a feature in either mag, (I do buy classic car, I think most people on this forum would appreciate their feature car this month), but can see how either mag could do a feature on our cruise and think it is a path worth exploring, even if it is just to the point of listing us in up coming events. Both mags are published by ParkSide, the first NZPC was an insert in NZ Classic Car, the issue featuring a 240Z as the cover car, maybe they can decide where we best fit, or we supply 2 articles, with a slant each way. Could we provide a feature car and so take over the issue, for extra exposure. EG BRE rep. or some show car on the cruise, or maybe James' 240z build.
Just some ideas, either and both publications have merit in my view.
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

z181200 wrote:Classic car is for old people that restore to boring standard condition!
OR they could restore to Interesting!

Also this poll won't take my vote, any pointers?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

I think exposure through a magazine is a good idea. NZPC is probably going to reach the largest number of car enthusiasts so it would make sense to approach them and see if we could submit something like Oldschool did.

I've never bought an NZPC magazine, but I've got a couple at home that were given to me years ago and I read through them quite a bit a few years ago when I was in high school/uni. Not everyone who reads NZPC is a meathead, so surely it would be worth the chance of attracting some more passionate people to this club? If some people join the forum and don't fit in at all then they probably won't hang around and nobody will have to worry about them.

With great risk comes great reward, etc :lol:
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

yeah it doesnt take my vote either.

I reckon we should definately tell some magazines......why not all? lol
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Its all about informing people, if they are motivated enough to join up and put pictures of their datsun up they in most cases wont be a meathead. And if they are you can be a part of changing their ways, it happens on OS sometimes. They join up and ask stupid questions about a desprung heap of shit, they either get get paid out hard, or get some good ideas of how to improve their car.

Classic car is a good magazine but I dont buy it as I find I get bored by the often standard, european cars.

Most of the people Iv met in the club are young(ish) and into modifying their datsuns, not restoring to perfect original condition and taking it out on a sunday to play bowls.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That may be the case andy, but people who like to to restore their datsuns to mint original spec are welcome too.
I say we let all of them know about it.
If they don't want to know, their loss not ours.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............