I need your help.

all else goes here...
Bartman
Committee Members

I need your help.

Post by Bartman »

The dirty stinking NZ transport agency want to make some changes to some of our laws.
The one that grates me is that they want to limit scooters to 50kph. Mine wont do that on a good day, but one day it will. :twisted: :twisted:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go here http://www.nzta.govt.nz/consultation/ro ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and make a submission opposing this change. It's farking dangerous riding a nifty when you can't keep up with traffic. It'll only take a few minutes.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Re: I need your help.

Post by Speed_Freak »

Thats f***ing stupid. God the LTA needs to pull the head out of there ass, my old CX50 stardust went off the clock (60ks) I used to pass traffic on it, but it needed a wof cause it was over 3kw or something? The slower scooters make it dangerous cause you always have to swerve around them in your car... :evil:
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Over 2kw needs a wof.
They say that they don't want inexperienced riders going to fast. (don't need a bike license)
But surely how fucking hard is it to ride a machine with no clutch? Please go make a submission and tell them why they are endangering lives with this crazy proposal.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

They would be better off, changeing the law so that there is a non turbo, and or horsepower restriction on learner drivers, and cracking down on arsehole carsales who happily sell exceedingly fast and massively expensive cars to kids for $1 down and $1 a day finance plans, who then write them off or fuck them , then refuse to pay for a car they dont use thuss helping to fuck our economy, when the finance company cant recover the debt, not to mention fucking the poor kids credit rateing for life , simply because they want to have the coolest car to guarantee getting into the nickers of some hot little bimbo who will only go onto the next car guy anyway (very broud generalisation), fuck me I think im getting old.
will sign petition though, by the way Bart, have you had your scooter on the dyno to check to see if your scooter still puts out 2kw or more, could be a no wof clause in it for you, if it failed to make the mark.
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

bit off topic on the whole scooter thing but in my honest opinion, being a young c*nt still...
The lisence age is way to young at 15, even putting it up to 16 would make a huge difference to the amount of drop kicks on the road.
Seriously, the amount of complete and utter retards that were aloud behind the wheel is amazing. Not to mention the females who dont even
know what a farking windscreen is let alone how soar its going to be when she paints the inside of it with her head when shes carrying the 'boys' home
in here new bmw that she made her daddy buy her and decides to drive fast because shes baller as :roll:

Vote for age for learners to go up to 17.... definately, no hesitation.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

My scooter doesn't need a wof. It wouldn't make 2kw on a good day.
BUT, they want to limit ALL scooters to 50kph. I WILL be suping my scooter up very soon so that it can do 60+. Most of my route to work is 60kph roads, and it's dodgy as only doing the feeble speeds the nifty can pull atm. Plus my speedo is broken.
If enough people make submissions to say they shouldn't impose the 50kmh limit, they might think twice.
Even PM me your details, and I'll make a submission on your behalf.
dattoboy
Datsun Nutter
aka: Bede

Post by dattoboy »

bart would that include my scooter as well as its regestured and a motorcycle and is over 2kw????
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Not if you need a motorcycle lisence to ride it, and it needs a wof.