OLD SCHOOL NATIONALS 2011

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

OLD SCHOOL NATIONALS 2011

Post by dirtyleppa »

well the weekend just gone(5th to 9th of May) a few of us hardy OLD SCHOOL members drove up to camp rangi woods, just outside palmerston north for the annual National Meet and AGM. this year was the 1st at camp rangiwoods, with previous years being held in taupo.

the trip up was entertaining. while waiting for the ferry in picton, an OS member in the north island got a txt from his mother who had seen us having some 'drinks'. needless to say she was stoked. after getting to wellington and meeting up with the rest of the crew there, we made our way to the camp. on the way up, bart, myself and another member riding along with us were over taken my andy and beardy in his ute, doing about 140km/h with beardy naked, on a pit bike on the back of the deck, bollocks and all.

the thursday night was pretty much a write off due to the long day, but bright and early the next day, the beers were flowing. throughout the day, we meet new people, sank more piss and mingled some more piss. that night the organises shouted a BBQ.

the next day was what most of us had been waiting for. we started off with a cruise through the manawatu gorge and along some sweet back roads in some beautiful country. we finally got to our destination, the TUI BREWERY :beer:

some of us had entered to have a run in the organised gymkhana. massive thanks to bart for letting me have a burn in the 1200, and sorry for showing you how it was done :poke: :lol:

after the awesome fun of the gynkhana, we were treated to a wicked feed put on by the tui brewery staff. we then made the trip back to the camp where a quiz, prize giving and the AGM were held. shout out to bart for getting the 1st OLD SCHOOL GC award, as well as the 'you drove that POS car how far' award. also to Andy for getting the best commercial award.

on sunday, we woke up, cleaned up and drove back down to welly. a mate was king enough to put 8 of us up for the night. early monday morning we piled into the cars, headed back to the ferry for another long, boring ride. once in blenheim we met up with another OS member and he showed us his sweet house truck him and his wife built, and his super tidy 12a turbo vauxhall viva.

we continued on with our drive back home when trouble finally struck, just north of kaikoura :|

bart was attempting to overtake a slow van, when he pulled and the car decided to not go anywhere. what we thought was a broken accelerator cable, was actually a broken pedal :lol: a few cable ties and a 1" spanner later we were on our way.

we finally made it back to chch about 8pm.

ill post up some pics i have on my camera as well as some of the others people have taken later this weekend.

in the mean time, here are the discussion threads at old school for you to gaze upon with heaps of photos and what not.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... 29&t=27179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... 29&t=27171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... 29&t=27170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snoozinric ... 564192681/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you are an OS member, you really need to make it up to next years one, and if you arent a member, join up and GET INVOLVED ;)
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: OLD SCHOOL NATIONALS 2011

Post by Bartman »

This was a really good time.
Even though OS isn't incorporated (yet) they are very well organised. I'd be pretty hard pressed not to attend again next year. (Plus I have to return the tee shirt)

They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Looked like you fellas had a great time and since palmy is only a few hours from my house it would be rude not to attend. Turteen dollars and 3 seven cents yo.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

1337! Yeah boi!
I wanted to try catch up with you and Tony Kane, but we were just too fucked to even entertain the idea by the end of it.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Fair enough man plus Im flat out atm with school. Im hoping to get down for Akaroa this year so will catch up then.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

awesome to meet you guys. will make an effort to bring something to akoroa this year, probly the 110.

the andys did a naked man past us on the way back to camp on sat night also, just before the turn off to rangiwoods so every one was all wtf and half of us missed the turn off.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I hope you do 10-5.
You can have a deathmatch with the south islands resident high 5 champion. (aka lewis horrell) :highfive:
kyteler
Regular

Post by kyteler »

Yeah it was fucking good times, plenty of really good people and plenty of cars. Other than being told off by Bart for not using his forum enough it was good as.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

'snot actually my forum per say, I'm just the biggest post whore/loud mouth here.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Bartman wrote:'snot actually my forum per say, I'm just the biggest post whore/loud mouth here.
haha, no wiser words have been spoken
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!