NEW CHANGES TO PUTTING REGISTRATION ON HOLD

all else goes here...
nzeder
Regular

NEW CHANGES TO PUTTING REGISTRATION ON HOLD

Post by nzeder »

I need to bring this to your attention - car license plates will have to be surrendered when putting the rego on hold.

I have emailed Mr Joyce with my concerns as a classic car owner (his email can be found a few clicks from the link attached), If this is true we may not get that valued black classic rego plate back ??

You may wish to make your opinion known as well. The minister of transport needs to be sent a strong message – this affects us all.

See this link for details -

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/vehi ... vent-fraud" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This all comes into effect May 1st 2011.

Please let all your fellow classic car owner know ASAP and lets see if we can get a strong public reaction directed accordingly to Mr Joyce and his dept. :gun:
76 RS30 260z road
73 RS30 260z track
Previous
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
71 HS30 240z 3.2 road/track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe
Garth
Financial Member

Re: NEW CHANGES TO PUTTING REGISTRATION ON HOLD

Post by Garth »

If this comes into affect and they ask me to hand in my plates im going to give them the screw driver and let them do their best to remove my rear plate as there is no way in hell that thing is wanting to come off!
fast4motion
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Brent

Post by fast4motion »

That sucks. The wording is a bit vague though: "allowing the NZ Transport Agency to require people to surrender licence plates". Suggests you may not need to surrender your plates unless they are suspicious of you and/or your vehicle.
Or maybe they'll return your original plates when you take your vehicle off exemption. Otherwise people would lose their personalised plates.

Bear in mind you can leave a classic car unregistered for 2 years without the need for an exemption.
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

"Other steps taken include allowing the NZ Transport Agency to require people to surrender licence plates when putting their licensing on hold or to decline an application to put licensing on hold WHEN A PERSON HAS ABUSED THIS RIGHT IN THE PAST."

If youre a culprit for the above, then Id be worrying.
If you play by the rules, theres no concern.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
volodkovich
Regular

Post by volodkovich »

Yep, no need for concern. Some people from another forum called up the LTSA and confirmed it was bad reporting and that they wont be doing this - not yet anyway.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... =1&t=26739
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That would be grounds for an uprising that would make egypt and libya look like a barfight!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nzeder
Regular

Post by nzeder »

volodkovich wrote:Yep, no need for concern. Some people from another forum called up the LTSA and confirmed it was bad reporting and that they wont be doing this - not yet anyway.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... =1&t=26739
In that thread there is talk of media reporting incorrectly - see below for more.

Well when I first spotted this I thought - that sounds like it could not be true.... so

Given I am in IT I thought I would see who is the owner of the domain beehive.govt.nz and it the NZ Government see the results here.

http://dnstools.com/?count=1&lookup=on&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &submit=Go!

However I see the date the domain was modified was the 1st April 2011. And I recall just recently that Department of Internal Affairs who are the register owners of the domain was recently attacked with a DOS (Denial Of Service) on its main site - so could this be defacement? The Email to S Joyce is bouncing back - well if the site is legit then it just be that we are all sending too many emails for their system process and we have in fact created our own DOS on their mail server :badgrin:

I see on a motorcycle forum that I visit has over 10 pages on the post about this in just 1 1/2 days - think of the motorcyclist that put their rego on hold during winter.

Now I have found on the national party website - another email for Mr S Joyce

http://www.national.org.nz/MP.aspx?Id=269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyway this is just typical of any NZ government - put up something that gets the media's attention ie the demerit points for getting caught with a motor vehicle with no rego but slip past the public the "handing in of plates when putting the rego on hold" I recall other dirty tricks like this in times gone past to get something past that effects us motorist.

I thought I would check around the national party site - and I find the same post from Hon Steve Joyce on their own party site too see
http://www.national.org.nz/Article.aspx?ArticleID=35607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So if bad reporting - then he needs a new writer/press sec as that is word for word the same as the original I posted from beehive.govt.nz
76 RS30 260z road
73 RS30 260z track
Previous
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe
nzeder
Regular

Post by nzeder »

Was thinking some more about this
Other steps taken include allowing the NZ Transport Agency to require people to surrender licence plates when putting their licensing on hold or to decline an application to put licensing on hold when a person has abused this right in the past.
There is an issue with this whole process - currently you can (and I do it all the time) put your rego on hold - online. Ok you have to enter your DL number so that might mean if you are a known issue to the department they reject online and ask that you visit an NZTA agent.

However if this was true then they would have to completely re-write their website and they way the process rego's = lots of time, lots of $$ and given how tight things are for us all these days (the government should be no exception) I doubt they will do this - so it is unlikely that we will have to hand in the rego plates after all....but it does still smack of trickery passing this without our knowledge until almost too late to do anything about it........ :evil:
76 RS30 260z road
73 RS30 260z track
Previous
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You can't trust that pack of cunts as far as you can kick them.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Jabo
Financial Member
aka: Jasper

Post by Jabo »

What Bart said
My Life is a Very Complicated Drinking Game