Invitation: NZHondas South-Island Megameet '11

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
nykon
aka: nykon

Invitation: NZHondas South-Island Megameet '11

Post by nykon »

Hi All,

Chris here, South Island rep for NZHondas.

I am here to extend an invitation to another one of our days, this time our annual South Island Megameet. It will be run much the same as our xmas day that some of you attended, however this time is run on the full track! (and there should be some of our North Island members attending). The invitation extends to all weekend activities that take place as part of the megameet, so feel free to come along to those once we decide upon them.

Date is: Thursday May 12th.

More information can be found here: http://nzhondas.com/forum/upper-south-i ... ckday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Entry is $80. PM me for bank details, along with providing a contact email and car make/model! Would be good to see some of you along.

Regards,
Chris
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Invitation: NZHondas South-Island Megameet '11

Post by Bartman »

Thanks for the Invite Chris. :highfive:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

To the NZ Honda crew, cheers for the invite. If I finally get my shit together and finish the 510 I shall attend. Will PM closer to the date.
Thanks.
My orangatang 510 here.
nykon

Post by nykon »

Quite right :) those in the know don't hold such close-minded opinions. However, there will always be someone who does, and they are often those who when put to the challenge very quickly place their head firmly between their legs.

Thanks for the support chaps.
Last edited by nykon on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

When are we going to see some hondas in Nz that are of the same sweetness of the ones in the US? Super slammed wide wheels mad camber etc? All the ones I see round are metallic blue with chromes a horrible bodykit and white interior.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Thanks NZ honda.....we appreciate the invite, as it lets us get out on the track with a proper organised event.
Hoperfully sometime soon we will be able to start organising a couple of our own events, but until then, we're glad to have you welcome us along to your track days :highfive:
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
nykon

Post by nykon »

z181200 wrote:When are we going to see some hondas in Nz that are of the same sweetness of the ones in the US? Super slammed wide wheels mad camber etc? All the ones I see round are metallic blue with chromes a horrible bodykit and white interior.
Come along to one of our monthly meets if you would like, most of the Christchurch NZH cars are quite tidy and subtle. But, there is still an offensive amount of stereotypically "gay" Honda's floating around Christchurch, I totally agree, which is probably why they have so much less respect than they do up north. The stanced trend is far more apparent up there it seems, nobody down here is doing much interesting - still stuck in the hella-sunk rice era of the 90s. Even at the 4nR show I saw few cars with decent fitment and clean non-OTT body work, so it's not just the Honda's doing-it-wrong. I think some of the Datsuns actually were the best in this field :) (from what I remember), there were some really nice examples.

I've built my car to be fairly subtle, inspired by the US guys with decent engine and suspension work, and understated bodywork. Although haven't really worked on the rim fitment much:
That was sitting at about 65mm at the chassis, however had to raise it a little as I had issues with the front upper arms not having enough movement (need custom knuckles).
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I use the NZ hondas website for technical help for the mrs car. While I hate working on her car, the guys at NZhondas are a helpful bunch, who know their stuff.

Depending on where I'm at after the oldschool nats, I could well be up for it.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I attended the last NZ Hondas track day and had a great time. It was well run with a variety of cars (pretty much all Honda & Nissan though), there were some pretty fast Hondas out there, trust me. If my car is going again by then I'll attend this one too!
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
nykon

Post by nykon »

Hey,

Details can be found in this thread here:

http://nzhondas.com/forum/upper-south-i ... ckday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Open pitlane format, so it more or less operates like pinball. Queue up, run as long as you like, and we have x amount of cars on the track at any one time. Tends to operate a lot more smoothly than a fixed group, fixed session-time day - and everyone seems to enjoy them more (especially since some cars can cope a lot longer than others).