gingofthesouth's Orangatang 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: gingofthesouth's 510

Post by gingofthesouth »

skdmrx wrote:weow weow.sucks dick but its not your shitty luck with this car.2 steps forward 1 step back is what it takes to build the car you want.problems and over coming them is why we build cars! its a bugger that its other peoples lowsy work holding you up tho. chin up lad
Lol, sounds like I am sulking, just fucken annoyed! So much effort and time put in this car to get it right and two other oeople have fucked shit up for me lol.

Saturday I am finishing the false floor in the boot and the custom sub box since the boot is not tall enough under the parcel tray to fit a standard sub box size.
My orangatang 510 here.
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

That's unfortunate. Don't worry though, like John said it's not just your car. Almost every project car on here would have had set backs, especially when time is a constraint.

I feel you pain though. My automatic setting is to never trust the quality of somebody's work until I have seen it. I have been let down many times by all sorts of trades to do with my cars. Probably the main reason (along with money) why I started to do as much work myself as possible. You will get there! :D
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Made some wooden brackets for behind the tweeter holes with 48mm hole t give it a lip and flush mount the tweeters into the holes that were cut too big.

Here is how the mid woofer and tweeter mounting has finished. Happy enough with it!
photo.JPG
photo copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My orangatang 510 here.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Nicely done, can't even notice you had some frustrations with it!
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
timas datsun
aka: timas

Post by timas datsun »

gingofthesouth wrote:
skdmrx wrote:weow weow.sucks dick but its not your shitty luck with this car.2 steps forward 1 step back is what it takes to build the car you want.problems and over coming them is why we build cars! its a bugger that its other peoples lowsy work holding you up tho. chin up lad
Lol, sounds like I am sulking, just fucken annoyed! So much effort and time put in this car to get it right and two other oeople have fucked shit up for me lol.

Saturday I am finishing the false floor in the boot and the custom sub box since the boot is not tall enough under the parcel tray to fit a standard sub box size.

:deadhorse: loven the 70s style with the coloured interior ! im sure the older generation will love this car ! seeing there houses probly still have similar colour and styles :Jelly:
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

About time for progress man! hahaha :D
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

DylPhil7 wrote:About time for progress man! hahaha :D
Lol, spent a few hours today with my mate Scott, we made up a sub enclosure and false wall and decided how it would all mount in the boot. Gonna be awesome when I finish it tomorrow. Will post pics then.
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

At least with the drop tank you can run subs. The factory fuel tank location rapes the bass under normal conditions.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:At least with the drop tank you can run subs. The factory fuel tank location rapes the bass under normal conditions.
I guess :P Just running a single 12 Not a big bass heard, prefer balanced sound really.
Pics up in a moment with progress in the boot.
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

So I have made false floors surrounding the drop tank. All cables etc will go through wood and be hidden. Even the amp you will see shortly will be fed wires from the other side of the board. Holes have already been made just covered by carpet so when I push them through you will see no gap. Also after all this is done, it all has to come out to be painted black int eh boot again so it looks a nice as it used to before my mate oversprayed primer etc lol

Boot with two parts of the false floor in place:
IMG_0126.jpg
Box going in:
I am mounting one amplifier on the back of this as you will see in the following pics, on the other side of where the cross overs are mounted. Below the corss overs on the floor will be mounted the Sub amplifier.
IMG_0127.jpg
Box in the Boot:
IMG_0128.jpg
Other side from the back seat view:
IMG_0132.jpg

Only thing I am worried about is ventilation for the amplifier next to the sub box half enclosed. With bugger all ventilation....

Will wire it all up tomorrow. Time for a cup of tea and a scone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My orangatang 510 here.