Kitchs scruffy 910

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Kitchs scruffy 910

Post by Kitch »

Picked up my new ride tonight. its pretty un-cool
:deadhorse:

Got it on a whim, to hopefully attend the Rakaia cruise with my family next weekend.

started sweet and drove it away, aside from obvious cosmetic damage to front right corner, and some tyres with various dimensions and air pressure, and a jammed drivers seatbelt, and few other body bits being a bit ugly, it is actually pretty sound.
needs a wheel alignment, and a good clean up. unfortunately 5 minutes down the road it started smoking, so its obviously got a well worn set of rings or valve stem seals in the old girl.
But engine revs smoothly and goes OK. ashame about the 3 speed auto behind too..

Got home OK, and looked over it a bit more closely, and its actually pretty sound, only the odd small bubble of rust, ashame someone has touched it up with spray cans, or they are the worst car painter out, as it has suffered more runs than a black caps fast bowler on a good wicket. :crazy:

took off the 14" mags that had gay chrome spray on them :puke:

and chucked my technos on to see what it looked like, and to give me decent rubber on it. :thumbsup:

deciding what to do with it now.... thinking about chopping the springs and sacking it for the cruise, to get that IRS rear end looking the business. however it is only warranted till april so maybe I put a new sticker on it first.

if anyone wants a cheap project car after rakaia cruise yell out. if I keep it for long I will just end up spending money on it... and with my panel work 50% done, I really need to keep $ for that.

Last edited by Kitch on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Kitchs rough Rakaia cruise machine!

Post by dirtyleppa »

not too bad man. looks good on the technos. ive got a set of rear cutties if you want
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

This car could be quite choice with a few small mods.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

I don't know why

But I'm quite fond of those headlights
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

U gotta roll with the technos Kitch!
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Changed the oil yesterday, gave it a quick clean, and fitted new RH Guard light, and repaired the headlight mounts.
I may be sick but I actually enjoyed cruising around in it yesterday, and got a few looks and thumbs up in it????
It actually drives really good, and sits nice on the road. I have no qualms about driving it to Rakaia next weekend.
Put some oil treatment in, but its still a bit smokey when you plant the boot, following lift off.
The kids think the smoke is fun though!

It actually looks good on the technos, although there is too much air between the rubber and the guards.

I need to get a new front bumper on it, as it looks like shit with the smacked up one on it

dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

take the bumper off, they look alright without them. as for the large are gap. i found those rear cutties you were after. do you want me to bring them down to rakaia?
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Dyl, yeah bring the cutties down mate, you find any fronts by any chance?

Yeah I was thinking of ditching the bumper... easy fix....
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Did you want those rear discs Kitch?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Ditch the front, if you change it then it will just need this, then that, then the other thing and before you know it, it has 50% of your coupe panel work on it. Wheels look good, go for the drop!
Datsuns from A to Zed