Jordans 120y

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Jordans 120y

Post by 2 doors »

wow those are some pretty sweet repairs for a newbie, looks like the guy who helped you really knows his stuff,keep up the good work.
lilsssluva
aka: Peggy

Post by lilsssluva »

Flauski wrote:I LOVE that factory orange on the 120Y as well as the factory minty green.

PLEASE don't repaint it any other colour 8-)

Awesome starting point.
Me too! will be very cool dressed up with black.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Post by ginga-dato »

rust repairs have finished on the right rear door. replaced the inner and outer skins of the bottom corner and extra drain hole added. also had to replace the plate that goes over the nuts for the bottom hinge. took a picture of it but it wont load on my computer for some reason. now starting on my bootlid (will be pictures when thats all done)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Sweet work, you sure this is your effort and you haven't had Wal or someone sneaking in there doing it for you :P Very nice. Respect.
Datsuns from A to Zed
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

classicdat wrote:Sweet work, you sure this is your effort and you haven't had Wal or someone sneaking in there doing it for you :P Very nice. Respect.
haha na mate its all me. i will b a pro at bottom corners of doors once iv done all of mine :lol:
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

The mighty 120y is getting a brake upgrade. Wilwood dynalite calipers and got the rotors off a mate that had them on his datsun 1200
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

I love new car parts!!
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

I took my bootlid into work today thinking i only had two patches to weld on the end corners and then paint strip it and prime but the bootlid had other ideas. I made the patches up and noticed rust coming out from the folded over edge all along the end bit so i thought i would lift it up spray some rust kill on it and then hammer it back down. After lifting it up i didnt like what i saw. it has now turned into cutting the whole end piece off (where the lock sits in), welding little patches on the inner lip cos there was a few good sized holes, and now going to have to make up a new end piece. Let the fun begin
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Finally a bit of progress on the bootlid. Made up a piece for the front of it and tacked it on so its ready for a test fit before i weld it on properly and shape the hole for the lock. Photos don't make the edge look very straight tho which is a bit of a let down