Jordans 120y

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Re: Jordans 120y

Post by ginga-dato »

Small update. The front of the Y was looking a bit sad so i took the grill into work for a coat of paint. Previously its had a pretty big hit, and shitty repair, in the left front so nothing lines up nicely so im not looking forward to having a proper look at it when i start fixing the guards but its all part of the fun. Still looking for a chrome ring (or set) so i can put my headlight back in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

THAT GRILL LOOKS AWESOME!

Thanks for convincing me that even though my grill is very tidy & original, that a coat of paint will make it look even better

keep up the good work
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

A rather productive weekend. Was able to get a chrome ring for my headlight so the front is all back together again. Paint stripped and primed the last door and threw it back on and put it together. Thinking of having a break from rust at the moment and concentrate on other bits that are needing to be done. Sump needs re-welding up and i need to finally do the brake upgrade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Bought a couple goodies this week. Got some fibreglass guards that ended up being in rather good condition for 20 year old guards. Also got a whole bunch of nolathane bushes that will hopefully be going in, in the very near future. Finally traded in my wheel nuts for some that i can actually tighten without instantly rounding them and they add to the bogan factor :badgrin:. Took a short video of it idling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvjop_LI ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Bit of a fail of a Saturday. Went to take my guards off and test fit the fibreglass ones but 4 snapped bolts later, finding hidden rust holes and witnessing some pretty bad previous panel beating, there was no point continuing until i fix these new found problems
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Broken off bolts is standard for datsuns.
I've only ever had one datsun where they all undid without breaking.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

That rust is bugger all so shouldn't be too heart breaking!
I like the consistent progress on this.
My orangatang 510 here.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Yea its bugger all except it carries on underneath and has taken the two nuts off that bolt the bottom of the guard to the car. Might just throw the guards back on and get the new bushes in before attacking the rust
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

A bit of work has been done this weekend. I bought the wagon leaf springs off Brocky the other week (cheers for them man), gave them a coat of paint and replaced all the bushes with new nolathane ones and then put them in yesterday. Today i got some b310 tophats, gave them a coat of paint and they will hopefully be going in very soon and maybe will finally do my front brake upgrade if all things go well. The leaf springs have lifted the back up a bit which i expected they would, so i will be swapping the 2 inch blocks for some 3 inch ones.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

A wee bits been happening recently. I bought Brocky's old front suspension set up from his 120y (R31 turbo struts, calipers and discs, 1200 tophats). Sits alot lower in the front and definitely needs to go down another inch in the back so will re set the leaves an inch and flip the eyes. Will have to flare the guards so i might as well do the rear guards aswell so it doesnt look strange and maybe put wider tires at the back next time i get some. While the struts were out i scraped off the old underseal so i can give it a fresh coat when i get it to work. Found a wee bit of rust on the drivers side where the bumper bolts up but shouldnt be too hard to do. Had a couple quiet days at work last week so i bare metaled and epoxy primed my scuttle panel and catch trays