Re: Jordans 120y

Post by 2 doors »

Lol that's why your work is so sweet.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Post by ginga-dato »

More rust removal this weekend. I took the dash fully out to see why I used to get lakes in my footwells when it rained and in true datsun fashion it was worse than inticapated. There was a rust hole on either side underneath the dash and after cutting out the one on the passengers side there was another one lurking behind it which went into the engine bay behind the window wiper motor. I'm the bottom left front corner of the front window someone had tacked a patch on and put a line of urethane around it. After removing it I found a hole that had rusted through all 3 skins and you can see into the car. I got the rust holes on the passenger side done and 2 of the 3 skins on the window done. I put some sealer on the inside too which should hopefully help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Fun times , those area's are a real mate to do aye , looks like you have nailed it once again, sweet work.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Cheers man. Yea it's a bit tricky to get in there to clean up the welds. Just did the best I could and then etch primed and put a nice thick layer of sealer over top
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Brush on body sealer?
I was thinking today how much money it would have added to the price of these cars when new for them to have been given generous applications of brush on body seal in places like this. $50? People today don't give a shit about how a car will be in 20-25 years time. But back in the day people would own cars for a very long time.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Yea brush on sealer. There was a little bit already there but it was thin and cracking in places so I put a nice thick layer on
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

A bit more progress this week. Front stone chip panel tidied up and primed. Gona make a start on the rear panel tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Went into work today and paint stripped the rear guards and roof. Followed that with three heavy coats of epoxy primer, all ready to be panel beated next week
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

which epoxy primer do you recommend?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

I'm not sure what brand it was. They should all be pretty close to the same. One of the painters at work isnt a big fan of the new stuff and says the old mixture was way better so if you can find some older stuff lying around it will be a better option