datsun 1200 sedan [Rocket rice]

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: datsun 1200 sedan [Rocket rice]

Post by braasmonkey »

darrenwilson wrote:Striped the Engine bay,grind and sanded it prepairing it for paint ! :)
Yay, no more purple! haha

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

braasmonkey wrote:
darrenwilson wrote:Striped the Engine bay,grind and sanded it prepairing it for paint ! :)
Yay, no more purple! haha

- Braasy
Yes purple was starting to look awfull i always wanted to change it :lol: :lol:

Glad for your guys feedback at times.So here are the final pictures of the engine compartment painted :D Hope ya'll like it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

I personally like the engine bay colour to match the rest of the car. Also good not having black when it comes to tracking down leaks haha. Keep up the good work, you're well ahead of me now lol

- Braasy
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

braasmonkey wrote:I personally like the engine bay colour to match the rest of the car. Also good not having black when it comes to tracking down leaks haha. Keep up the good work, you're well ahead of me now lol

- Braasy
Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Block resting in the bay presently!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Looking like some good progress Darren :thumbsup:

I don't mean to be negative, just some feedback , but are you sure your Passenger side modified engine mount is going to be strong enough, after being cut away & re-welded?
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Kitch wrote:Looking like some good progress Darren :thumbsup:

I don't mean to be negative, just some feedback , but are you sure your Passenger side modified engine mount is going to be strong enough, after being cut away & re-welded?
Well the engine brackets have been there for a great while no and i haven't got any problems with it the privious a12 was sitting fine on it with no issues like busting rubber mounts etc. :)

Gearbox will be going in tomorrow :dance2:
Long Live Datsun 1200

braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

I was thinking the same thing Kitch. The A15 is a little heavier and has more torque, so may cause an issue down the track? The mounting bolt also looks a tad skinny compared to the ones in my 1200. Let us know how you get on Darren, otherwise if you can track one down a 1200 ute engine cross member will do the trick.

- Braasy
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

braasmonkey wrote:

I was thinking the same thing Kitch. The A15 is a little heavier and has more torque, so may cause an issue down the track? The mounting bolt also looks a tad skinny compared to the ones in my 1200. Let us know how you get on Darren, otherwise if you can track one down a 1200 ute engine cross member will do the trick.

- Braasy

I will do try to get a ute member Mounted My 60 series gearbox up in the to car Today !
:burnout: :mrgreen: :burnout:
Long Live Datsun 1200

darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

More progress lately
Won't be long untill the start up i will be sure to make a video!

Some progress pics.
Long Live Datsun 1200

darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Head on ! :D
Long Live Datsun 1200