Nitro sunday

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
Bartman
Committee Members

Nitro sunday

Post by Bartman »

The track will be prepped, and there will be some "big boys" running. So the track should be as good as it gets.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datman310

Re: Nitro sunday

Post by datman310 »

looking forward to it
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Not a fan at all of those big drag cars. More keen to see streetable racers. ones people drive every day :)

Still, I see Nelson will represent (although i am sad to say not very well probably).
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

'Twas a mean day out.
The track was well prepped, and the comp cars were laying down oodles of rubber. My new drag radials were sticking like shit to a blanket. I went from 2.2 seconds in the 60ft, to just under 2 seconds. Plus I was able to match my PB @14.1 seconds. Not too far off 13's now!

Oh yeah, I broke an axle too. :burnout:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

good to hear bart. bet you stoked
datman310

Post by datman310 »

so you did break an axle in the end? was that the cause of the wobbly wheel?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah I snapped it doing my burnout before my last run. (dunno if you saw it, but I spun up like a mofo off the line, and had to back right off about half track cos she started getting the mean wobble on.)

I think the wobble that you (and about a half dozen other people mentioed to me) is the rim that Adam kindly lent to me.
I had to limp home from the track at about 30Km/h as she got a bit of shimmy above that speed.
The mighty datto still got me home though!!! :highfive:
And by christ it lights up easy with only one wheel drive! I think the phantom grip must have worked much much better than I ever thought. Even from a roll on if I squeezed the go pedal the wheel which wasn't tied to a broken axle screeched and squealed with ease.