Jaime's 180B

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Jaimesix
Regular

Jaime's 180B

Post by Jaimesix »

Howzt.

Trying to get my 180B back on the road soon.

I have installed Nissan 280ZX struts with affixed calipers and rotors in my 180B. What would be the best Master Cylinder available to mate with the (74) 180B brake booster?

I thought about the ZX master, but I was told it does not fit the booster? Some advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Datsun 610/180B
Datsun 710/140J (L20B)
Mazda RX7 FD.
Suzuki Samurai/Sierra.
Honda CB750F DOHC..
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Jaime's 180B

Post by dirtyleppa »

nice struts. any shots of the car?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Some 280zx master cylinders will fit the 610 booster. Only thing it you'll need to trim the tips off the M/C bleed nipples as they may foul on the stut tower. (at least they do the the 510's)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Yeah I've got a 280zx master on my 610, I trimmed the bleed nipples. But you shouldn't have that issue on a PL610
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

Would love to see some shots of the car.

I ran the standard 610 M/C and booster when I upgraded to R31 disks all round. I wouldn't be fussed changing to a different M/C to be honest. Mine has good pedal feel and seems to be working well so far.
Jaimesix
Regular

Post by Jaimesix »

Howzt.

Thanks for the replies. I will take some photos of the master cylinder I got. Got to make sure what Datsun it is from. I was told it was a ZX, but it is not fitting in. ( my car is at my buddies shop, kind of far, so I get there and work on it when ever I can. Reason why it has taken a longer time for me to put it together and to take quick photos.)

I will double check. I have to take new photos. Here a few I already got.

Car before spray:

Car after spraying:

King Springs for the back:

Front suspension parts:

Sway bar comparison, stock and aftermarket ( ADDCO ) Front.

Sway Bar rear:

Intake Manifold. Canon.( to mate with a 38 DGES Weber downdraught ) I also have a Linx single sidedraught manifold cross flow and a Weber DCOE I could use.

Wheels. 14X8.

185/55/14 tire on wheel. I will use these ones in the front. Once lowered and rolling, I will be able to see what will fit better.

Two grilles to choose from:
My favorite.
Like this one as much, but needs refurbishing

I got a round gauge cluster like this one, but I think it will not be an easy fit into a LHD 180B :?

Cheers.
Datsun 610/180B
Datsun 710/140J (L20B)
Mazda RX7 FD.
Suzuki Samurai/Sierra.
Honda CB750F DOHC..
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

Awesome :thumbsup:

I love the second grill.
Jaimesix
Regular

Post by Jaimesix »

Thanks mate.

More photos soon. ( new ones ) Looking for a right side side view mirror. If anybody knows about one, please let me know. My Datto came facotry equiped with the driver's side one ( LHD ).

I purchased a set of weather stripping from Rare Spares. Will be interesting to see how it fits. My pass side rubber is fine, but the driver's side is bad. The part as seen looks fine, the only difference I can see as compared to the stock one is the ends of said rubber. The factory rubber has a section that is held in place by plastic rivets. The Rare Spares part ends before that section. I will show that in photos later on.

Will get some photos of the brake booster and master cylinder I got. Could it be that the US market master cylinder and the NZ 180B one are different.

The 5 speed gear box will be a nice improvement over the factory automatic gear box that I had previously.

Jaime.___________________________________________________________________________________
Datsun 610/180B
Datsun 710/140J (L20B)
Mazda RX7 FD.
Suzuki Samurai/Sierra.
Honda CB750F DOHC..
Jaimesix
Regular

Post by Jaimesix »

Well. The best master cylinder to use in the 180B on this side of the planet seems to be the 7/8ths Datsun "Z" 73-79 master. The 79-83 "ZX" is 15/16ths and it makes the pedal extremely hard on the foot.

Soon updates.
Datsun 610/180B
Datsun 710/140J (L20B)
Mazda RX7 FD.
Suzuki Samurai/Sierra.
Honda CB750F DOHC..
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Does your car not have a booster? With a booster, the 15/16 M/C shouldn't be too bad.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............