DRAGS! Saturday, October 2nd powerbuilt raceway, ruapuna.

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
Bartman
Committee Members

DRAGS! Saturday, October 2nd powerbuilt raceway, ruapuna.

Post by Bartman »

Drags saturday October 2nd.
Gate entry $10 (including racers) $40 carload of 5 (kids under 12 FREE)
Racer entry $40 + $20 day license (or $75 for a 12month NZDRA sportsman license)
Enter off Leggits rd.

gates open 12pm
Racer entry/scrtineering ends 1:30pm
Practise from 1:45pm
racing 2:30pm

To race you'll need;
Helmet- In reasonable condition
WOF & REG
A Radiator overflow bottle that can't spill coolant onto the track.
Two accelerator return springs for carburated cars
Sensible footware.

IF, you have no wof or reg and still want to race, PM me promptly. I'll give you the number of an NZDRA aproved tech inspector here in CHCH. For a fee (I think it's $30) He'll inspect your car. (like a basic safety check, but waay easier than wof, don't even need an exhaust system) Then you send away the form you get to the NZDRA and you get a log book which lasts 12 months.
IF you want to do this, do it soon! If you need to get your log book on the day at the track it'll cost you $50. It's well worth doing if your car spends lots of time with no wof or rego. Or if it's too modified to pass a wof.

See you there!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datman310

Re: DRAGS! Saturday, October 2nd powerbuilt raceway, ruapuna

Post by datman310 »

il be there as always....spectating that is ;)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Well, those of you with whom I've spoken since this meet will know that I only got in one run with the 4.4:1 locky, and the wider tyres. I think I over-reved it due to the smaller rear end. The result of this was the flywheel shook loose. I pulled the gearbox out tonight, and my diagnosis was correct. Four of the 6 12.9 tensile capscrews were finger tight. The othet two were broken off inside the end of the crankshaft, with the loc-tite still holding fast. So I't going to be a turd of a job to get them out. I'll have to drill them out, and they'll be quite hard.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

make sure you get it done before akaroa. holla if you need me to bring my hammer
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Bartman wrote:So I't going to be a turd of a job to get them out. I'll have to drill them out, and they'll be quite hard.
That would just about be worth a trip up to give you a hand, but I wouldnt be able to do much, all I could do would be to hand you beer/bourbon's..... lol

Seriously tho...... If you need any bits etc..... Just text.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Thanks Blair.
I got them out today. hoping to get it all back together by the end of the weekend.
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

Good to hear :D
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Mikewazowski wrote:Good to hear :D
X2
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.