cheater's Sanitora GB120, and Vb110 van

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

cheater's Sanitora GB120, and Vb110 van

Post by cheater_5 »

Picked this up from the docks not long ago now. Japanese 1200's always taste sweeter ;)
Pictures are a hell of a lot better than talking...

zed seats (only got the one in so far, havnt had time for the other) mmmmm

Pics of suspension:

Cut ~82mm out of the kb110 strut, added shorter body shocks, welded up with new seat. Had it powder coated BP green 8-)
Coilover sleeve/spring/hat from ground control suspension in the states, they are a 7" 250lb/in spring.
Keeper springs are from pedders.
Camber plates are Cusco s13 items, photo shows the mod's done for MORE camber. Running -3.4 degrees up front.
Black shit all over it is rust proofing. 120y swaybar up front.
In the rear i had the leafs reset as low as they would do then it wasnt low enough so 1 1/2" blocks added.
Running some soft beetle shocks in the rear (read: short as).
Drives amazingly, no body roll. Tonnes of grip.
Want to go lower, still not happy with the height.
I have pictures of the cutting and welding of the struts but i cant be bothered putting them up.

Still has the standard A12, 4 speed, 4.1:1 h165 and coupe disks on the coupe struts.
Goes well, awsome on petrol which is what i need being a poor uni student these days.

Now the VB110.
Most of you already know about the trial and tribulations of this particular van.
Ive owned this over 3 years now 8)
Its a vb110 1200 van, 3 door. Now that i look back i realise i payed to much for it but man i dont regret it one bit.
After daily driving it for 2 years and slowly doing a few little things to it i realised its about time it gets off the road and gets the attention is really deserves.
^^Picking it up 3 years ago

^^A bit of a lower and superlites and semi slicks

The owner before the owner i got it off had backed it into a pole and musta crashed into
something because the rear quarter has been VERY poorly beaten, stretched and bogged :cry: :evil: :x

SO i spend a full day pulling bog out of the tailgate and rear quarter panel, hooowwww depressing :cry:

Pics of dissasembly etc (the snow is actually bog dust):

Heres the s13 brakes im running on kb110 struts, stop veerrryyy well and fit under 13's 8)
Dont worry, the struts will get cut and and made into coilovers when the body is done.

Fast forward and the craziest storm that completely thrashed my tent, only a few days
before it went to the beaters to haha

So what happened...
The vb110 MADE IT TO THE PANELBEATERS!!!!!!
Pics:

so that was fun, the lightest car ive ever driven :roll:
Epicly stoked that its getting some attention. Its going to cost me both my arms to panelbeat
that rear quarter but meh, its gotta be done.

Oh yea and plans:
Basically an extreme weekend/track car. Low, stiff, performance orientated. Would like to run
a cage but will have to see how i go. A15 powered, possibly turbo depending on how i feel when
it comes to it :) Another very japanese styled car, 13x8's, huge front lip, all the cool jap accessories i can
get my hands on, fender mirrors etc etc.
If anyone has any panels like the tailgate that they want to get rid of, im your man.

picked these:

13x6 +15, 175/70 tyres. pretty horrible combination.Tyres make me want to puke. Oh well atleast they
were really cheap and i''ll have something to roll the wagon around on.Some elbow grease and
a quick respray of the black and they'll make good skid rims i rekon. Also picked up a 2" SU incase i
decide i want to try out a draw through setup. Was dirt cheap so couldnt pass it up.

Tryed them over the s13 brakes and the very last bit of inside dia rubs on the caliper so spaced it out and
the wagons now rolling about on them.

Enjoy
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: cheater's Sanitora GB120, and Vb110 van

Post by dirtyleppa »

i still cant get over how cool your ute looks dude. wows me every time. nice to see some progress on your wagon as well
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

cheers dude.
Hopefully in time i can make it meet my apparently crazy expectations.
Dam those japanese for raising the bar so high. Really keen to make a hard
top for it but lacking in the time department at the moment :(
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

that would look kick arse with a hard top on it man, tidy up the look even more. its easy to set the bar high when you dont have to import parts from another country to get the look you want.

look forward to future progress ;)
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

what are those rims on the ute? Who makes them? What size ie dimensions etc off set.
I purchase a ute diff of you and a cross member. I have the coupe in chch.
CSP

Post by CSP »

13x7 performance superlites. neg 7 offset.
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

yep, just superlites. Can get them in NZ.
Have asperations for some mk2's or a3a's. Throwing around ideas of 12x7 widened steelies
aswell 8-)
speedracer

Post by speedracer »

just hunting for some s13 brakes for my coupe , did u have to make a plate for caliper or did they bolt up?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You need a plate, but they aren't hard to make. Jump on the silvianz forum and ask for some brakes. Because everyone upgrades to the big M spec stuff, they almost give them away.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Lookin good Chris!! LOve yotr new cartoon too!