Winter series drag racing Christchurch. SAT AUG 14th.

List any Motorsport or Non club specific events here
Bartman
Committee Members

Winter series drag racing Christchurch. SAT AUG 14th.

Post by Bartman »

The pegasus bay drag racing club are looking at holding a three meeting series over winter. No dates have been set in stone yet.
They are looking at getting racers to pre enter for this series, and will not be running any of the winter meetings unless they have enough entrants to pay for the costs of holding the meeting. (In the past there have been dismal turnouts at some winter meets, and the club takes a loss.)

So watch this space, or keep an eye of http://www.pegasusbaydrags.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Without particiapation, there is no drag racing. And with the DYO format, even eye wateringly slow cars can get good results. So the whole "oh but my cars to slow" bit is NO excuse.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Re: Winter series drag racing Christchurch.

Post by Speed_Freak »

I just remembered to ask, are they going to sort their damn tree and lights out?? I got told they werent working again last meeting?? Alot of people turn away when that happens and never come back
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

They are going to hold a working bee very soon to work on remedying the problem with the lights. The track at the start line isn't 100% flat, and as such the vibration from some of the bigger cars moves the sensors for the staging lights around. As they are only using part of a multi use track, they can't make anything perminant as the start line is the run off for the main straight.
Nobody likes it when things don't go smoothly. I'm know that the club are doing their best to fix this. I'm also quite sure that if you'd like to volunteer to help fix it, they'd be glad to let you pitch in.
The club is handicapped by the fact that the previous committee ran all the gear into the ground. And by the fact that it isn't a purpose built facility.
I guess there's always Moorehouse Ave if you prefer, but I know where I'd rather race.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datman310

Post by datman310 »

hopefully my old man has his valiant going again by then and he has 2 mates with 11 second cars so ill ask them next time i see em, should be keen tho
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

what was the problem with that blue 'coon Steve? I was lol-ing at all the tyre smoke that wafted in it's direction.
datman310

Post by datman310 »

fucked battery, aparently him and dad's other mate neil (orange camaro) got told by organiser's they wernt allowed to race anymore because they had no other cars to pair em up with on the day that were about the same speed from the import camp, witch was a crock of shit because that green chevette was running 11's but anyway they technically got disqualified for running to fast!, and the "coon" was only running 100 shot of giggle gas not the full 200 it has on board
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah, I was at the committee meeting last week. They said they followed a format used for muscle vs import in Auckland. I suggested just rolling DYO, so that everyone gets more runs, and there's less downtime with trying to pair up cars.
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Post by Speed_Freak »

Id be keen to help I used to lay the track out with my mate at teretonga with the lights and cables etc and we didnt have too much probs, only when the pop collected the ET up top end one time :lol:
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

keen to help also as iv broken the y for now
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

get the sunny out brock ;)