Jordans 120y

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Jordans 120y

Post by Bartman »

I gladdens my heart to see a car being fixed properly.
Done right, it only ever has to be done once.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I concur, very good work indeed
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Post by ginga-dato »

had a couple quiet days at work so i thought i would play around with the my rocker cover that i had bought. I was going to paint it white and do a rising sun on it but after i took it down to bare metal i changed my mind. I just scuffed it with some 500 grit to get rid of most of the scratches, put a bit of black around the letters and then got one of the painters to clear coat it and this is how it came out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

That is wicked! Looks awesome! :highfive:
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Another door is now rust free and ready for paint stripping and epoxy primer. only had to replace one of the inner skins on the corners, but both outer skins. didnt have to replace the skin that goes over the nuts for the bottom hinge to bolt onto which i was stoked about as it was a bit of mission on the other rear door. replaced a little section halfway between the corners as it was starting to bubble and i didnt want it to grow and cause more damage down the track, forgot to take a pic of it when it was cut out though. also put my new rocker cover on. only realized how shitty my camera is while i was uploading these pics so they are a bit fuzzy. im getting sick of the drone from the dumpy so iv been thinking of ideas of what to do and im tempted to cut the dumpy off and just continue the 2 inch exhaust but have it come out just behind the rear wheel. since its gona be matte black for a while because of the epoxy, i thought this exhaust option would be perfect for the ultimate bogan look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Awesome rust work there.
My orangatang 510 here.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

A rather successful saturday at work. Bootlid finished, paint stripped and epoxy primed as well as the left rear door. A couple steps closer to the finished result :dance:
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Rather small update. Finally started repairs on the final door (left front). Only had time to cut the bottom right corner, outer skin, off and rust killed the inside of the door. Hopefully replace the corner during the week
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Corner patch made up, welded on and ground back. All four doors are now rust free finally. Now just to paint strip and epoxy prime it. Another step closer to being road legal again :D
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Excellent work.
My orangatang 510 here.