Otodats President

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Otodats President

Post by Otodat »

Spent quite a bit of time on this to get it running ok. Have come to the conclusion that the injectors I got are perhaps a little large. Got some resistors to try on the temp sensor and found that below 100 ohm the idle becomes more stable.

From there it ran fine until the revs get up higher at full throttle where it would surge badly. Then I added a extra spring to the airflow meter potentiometer which sorted that end.

So all in all it is driving well and idling ok at the moment. But I was wondering if I got an adjustable fuel regulator and lowered the pressure weather it would come back in spec?
180bst
Financial Member

Post by 180bst »

This is an odd scenario but you may be right. If you have bigger injector nozzles and it would put in more fuel in for the same rate of injector pulse. So the mixture should be too rich and you could compensate with the temp sensor value for match..however its still going to be insuffucient and lowering the fuel pressure will probably cause the injectors to dribble rather than atomize.. anyway you can check your old injector size and compare
1975 610 Sedan VG20ET
1973 610 SSS Coupe
1983 C20 Van
1981 720 Cab Chassis
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

The new ones are 270cc, I kind of took a punt at the sizing. The old ones didn’t come out easy and of course info on these things is pretty limited.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

You can adjust the air flow meter, but make sure you mark it before you start.

http://xenonzcar.com/s130/afmrefresh.html
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Finally got this thing running ok-ish, still needs a little tweaking. Running at 20 psi on the fuel pressure. It’s going for a wof on Tuesday so will play with it over the next couple of weeks all going well. Made a amateur mistake today and hooked the wipers on 180 degrees out - made a slight mess off the paint trying to wipe the bonnet oops!
180bst
Financial Member

Post by 180bst »

Awesome work.
Hope the WOF goes through OK.
1975 610 Sedan VG20ET
1973 610 SSS Coupe
1983 C20 Van
1981 720 Cab Chassis
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Couple of things to do for wof- headlight alignment, window washers ( just needed nozzles pointing up higher), and handbrake to work better. All in all pretty good!
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Oh yeah, this has a wof now. Still a few things to tidy up before it fully rolling, worst one being the charge light is on even though the alternator is putting out 13.8 V. Will have to do some internet searching to try and figure out how it all works.
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Had a play around with rear springs last night with some I had lying around. Tried the smallest I had first

Looked cool, but is only 40 mm off the bump stops unloaded, be a bit punishing for a South Island trip. Oddly enough the sills are dead level at this height which is 65 mm drop. Other set I had is rear springs from a Land Rover discovery put them in and it went to 5mm drop at most, so much the same, but went for a drive tonight and it’s firmed up heaps and doesn’t wallow all over the road so they will stay for now.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

looking nice man. be good to see this at NATS