Tony’s 1200 sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Tony’s 1200 sedan

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Picked up the new project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Tony’s 1200 sedan

Post by Otodat »

Looks sound, nice score!
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Can’t get the lock wheel nuts off as I don’t have the key.
Trying my luck for a key rather than smashing a 18mm socket over it

Anyone have one I could borrow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Yes, how many lugs on each nut?
Heading to the Nats last year I left mine at home, and after the Southern guys having so much trouble with wheels coming loose or off I popped in to Super cheap in Taupo and had a look at their selection of locking nuts and found a set the same, which looked like your's, could be worth a look.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

classicdat wrote:Yes, how many lugs on each nut?
Heading to the Nats last year I left mine at home, and after the Southern guys having so much trouble with wheels coming loose or off I popped in to Super cheap in Taupo and had a look at their selection of locking nuts and found a set the same, which looked like your's, could be worth a look.
Cheers Vaughn, I ended up forcing a 17mm socket over it - Worked a treat.
Got the car home and had a look over. Need 3 new doors. Rust in boot, both c pillars and rear door/wheel sill.
Sadly now that I’ve got her here, I’ve got no money to spend. New baby on the way has put a full stop to a few things. Bit good base to start with!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Congrats on the pending family guys. Good to hear another will be saved, (One day), Have you got dry storage?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

classicdat wrote:Congrats on the pending family guys. Good to hear another will be saved, (One day), Have you got dry storage?
Cheers :thumbsup:
Yeah it’s currently outside up on blocks so I can water blast under the guards. Will flush the breaks lines, put old biscuit wheels on it and then it will be going onto dry storage.

Car has been sitting in storage at my parents for the last 8years. Ange pushed me to get it down here before pēpē is born.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Pulled most of the front off today to inspect. Have a budget just to get this thing road worthy for Nats and will look at it another day. Car seems in reasonably good cond.
Currently need a Gear stick, visor rearview mirror and carpet. Will purchase a new thrust bearing a clutch before putting engine in.
Got a panel beater coming to give us a few quotes for rust. Plan to put the A14 and 5speed in it. Already sourced a ute engine Xmember. Have an old radiator so hopefully that will be ok.
No flash paint job just patch jobs all over.
Front bonnet and guards are Tai.
Have some 14” hyashi streets for it too. Any ideas on tyres?
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Good work mate, is that a certain panel beater from Picton?

I have a gear stick here somewhere
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

kartboy wrote:Good work mate, is that a certain panel beater from Picton?
I have a gear stick here somewhere
sweet! any chance you could have a look for that gear stick? Trade ya some wine for it?
I haven’t called him yet, going to wait and see what Melc (from Russell’s panel and paint) comes up with. I found him really good with the job he did on the Ute.
Pulled the dash off today, rust from one corner of the dash pretty much to the other. But it’s in the drain lines under the vents and I at this stage can’t get access. When they painted the Tai guards & bonnet they painted over the screws and now I can’t get them off. Will try to drill them out unless someone has a better idea?
The rust in the corners of the firewall were covered with siliconed and also smoothed over with bog. I couldn’t help myself, had to keep digging and also got a wire wheel in there.