Jordan's 1200 Ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Re: Jordan's 1200 Ute

Post by ginga-dato »

Got myself one of those mk1 VW golf spoilers off ebay. 6 days shipping from America, couldn't believe it when it turned up that quick. Couple hours of fluffin around in the garage this morning and its on and ready to be taken out by all the Christchurch potholes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Progress on the ute has pretty much come to a halt as I bought a house 6 weeks ago and have been working on that rather than the datsun but today I thought I'd splash out and get some bits. Went down to Timaru and bought a 1200 sedan rear bumper and all the bits needed for a metal grille conversion off a very knowledgeable datsun man called Blair. The reason I got the rear bumper is because I plan on using the bumper ends and after some hammering, cutting and welding, put them on the rear guards to replace the rubbery plastic ones that they come out with from factory. The rest of the bumper has made some rather awesome wall art. Unfortunately as I do more and more work on this ute, I am uncovering alot of shortcuts and dodgy things that the previous owner had done which is annoying as it just makes the resto take longer. I took a couple photos of what I discovered today which was when he did a rust patch in the tray, instead of taking the metal cover off which is only 6 screws, he just welded his patch to it which will make taking it off rather interesting. At least now I have a garage big enough to work on it instead of what I used to have where the ute only just fit in the garage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Grille restorations the last couple days. Bought a 3-piece metal grille, pulled it apart, painted and polished it and even had a crack at getting one of the bigger dents out of one of the chrome trims. It's not mint but it takes your eye off it. Now to figure out the best way to mount it using the factory holes in the grille. Still yet to do the colours on the badge
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Looking good, well done
Datsuns from A to Zed
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

The parts hoarding continues as I wait for the space, time and money to get this into work and rip into it properly. Got myself a pair of chrome front indicators (lenses are shagged but I only got them for the surrounds), b210 swaybar and a b210 rear bumper. So now I have to decide if I go with the 1200 end caps which will take alot of modifying or the 120y rear bumper which shouldnt be too tricky to make fit. Also went over it and had a look at all the missing parts/buggered parts that I need to find so will chuck up a thread on the parts wanted page