Modified Datsun Sunny Coupe

Sell stuff
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Modified Datsun Sunny Coupe

Post by blitzballa »

Hey everyone, as some of you may know, I got offered a job in Europe so will now be even further away from NZ for a lot longer than I thought.

As such, I sadly have to list up my project Sunny as I'm not sure when I'll get the time to actually enjoy it. If it doesn't sell I'll just keep plugging away at it slowly until it gets cert and WOF but would also like to see it go to someone who is actually going to have the time it deserves to finish it off and actually enjoy it. For photos you can message me on here or check out my thread on here for it which was up to date from two years ago. Interior is now finished off from that photo and have a few more pics I can send.

It's a 1982 KPB310 Sunny coupe with the following done:
Full strip down and sodablast then primer
All rust removed (as much as possible given its a Datsun)
Engine bay and interior painted in factory white colour
H165 differential put in with 240Z rear drum brake conversion
R31 struts with welded on coilover sleeves (full crack testing supplied for cert), with keeper springs and coils, celica gas shocks
Monroe gas shocks in the rear with king springs (were going to be replaced eventually with custom springs and shocks)
910 Bluebird hubs
RX7 four pot brake calipers with 296mm Prelude discs
New steering arms, tie rods, linkages as well as CNC LCA spacers
Steering assembly rebuilt
Every bush replaced with new Whiteline bushes
Reconned 240Z 7/8" master cylinder, reconned brake booster
New master cylinder for hydro clutch conversion
15"x6.5 (+10) Impul Pro Spoke rims
63a a-series gearbox, rebuilt, new slave cylinder
Rear swaybar (needs bushes and mounts)
Fuel tank output taken to 3/8" output
Full interior rebuild, new carpet, retrimmed original seats, all original panels restored, original glass, og wheel, og dash panel with og radio and dash mounted speaker (not factory)
Old loom tested and put back in car

Thats as it sits currently, interior is all done and completely in the car (just have to put a few things back in when I come back briefly in November). It has everything it needs to run bar the driveshaft (have an old one) and the engine rebuilt. I have all glass, trim, bumpers and everything else needed to finish it 100%. Bumpers will need a re-chrome.

When I visit in late Nov I'm thinking about just rebuilding an old A15 and chucking it in to get it running but will see how I go. Have an H89 head, S/C 14 cupercharger, Holley twin barrel carb with adaptor, mounts etc for a supercharged A15 setup I bought from Bart. Have an electronic dizzy and fuel pump and a few other goodies.

Will have the doors and hatch painted and re-assembled in late November so biggest thing will be getting the body painted which I have the paint for.

Car is located in CHCH, viewings are welcome and recommended. Now that I'm earning money again I'll keep looking to finish it off but like I said if someone wants to take this on and enjoy it that would make me happier than letting it sit for another two or so years in my mums shed.

Best bet is to message me on here and I can send through photos or check out my thread which has photos up until two years ago with just the interior finished off now and a few other things. POI
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Modified Datsun Sunny Coupe

Post by Otodat »

Just wanted to say that your work on this has been inspirational for me, my 1200 would no doubt still be parked up completely rustfucked without the motivation from when you were working on this.It would be awesome to see you finish it but understandable with what you’re up to. All the best with the future, will cross my fingers that it doesn’t sell [emoji38]
Steve
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Re: Modified Datsun Sunny Coupe

Post by blitzballa »

Otodat wrote:Just wanted to say that your work on this has been inspirational for me, my 1200 would no doubt still be parked up completely rustfucked without the motivation from when you were working on this.It would be awesome to see you finish it but understandable with what you’re up to. All the best with the future, will cross my fingers that it doesn’t sell [emoji38]
Steve
Thanks! I never realised my car meant anything to anyone else but that really means a lot!