Yanky 620

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Stackedfish

Re: Yanky 620

Post by Stackedfish »

UPDATE: Engine has been re-assembled and mated to the transmission. Big thanks to Sanil to letting me borrow his hoist. I'm off to a new job closer to home meaning i have to shift the truck out of this awesome workshop. Cab and tray have been temporarily fitted back onto the chassis for transport. Will take a break from working on her until the funds come back up next year. 2019 will see the engine fired, cab and tray blasted/dipped, filler and primed ready for paint.

DatsunPY
Regular

Post by DatsunPY »

It was a really hard decision to sell this truck, however, I couldn't be happier seeing this. It def went to the right person - Great work Sam :D !
scrow11

Post by scrow11 »

Yeah great work Sam I really can not wait till the finished result. Luis what did you do with canopy?
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

Its been a while. Due to a change in jobs and me having to get the truck out of the old work place and back home, I've been very limited as to what I can work on. The dash was severely cracked so I decided to tackle it by widening the cracks and filling it with flexible filler. The metal backing also got a sanding and re-spray with matte black paint. I'm struggling to settle on a texture spray for the dash board as I haven't been able to find one with a vinyl (ish) finish. Will update again once filling has been completed.

braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Stackedfish wrote:Its been a while. Due to a change in jobs and me having to get the truck out of the old work place and back home, I've been very limited as to what I can work on. The dash was severely cracked so I decided to tackle it by widening the cracks and filling it with flexible filler. The metal backing also got a sanding and re-spray with matte black paint. I'm struggling to settle on a texture spray for the dash board as I haven't been able to find one with a vinyl (ish) finish. Will update again once filling has been completed.

WOW!
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
scrow11

Post by scrow11 »

Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

Long time between drinks on this one. Still chipping away but very slowly.
Completed the dash board restoration earlier in the year. I think it came out alright.

broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Dash restoration looks great - what product did you end up using on it?
Stackedfish

Post by Stackedfish »

The top coat is Dinitrol 447. Not to sure how it will hold up but at least it looks better than the Grand Canyon that was on there previously.
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Thought of this today for some reason, have you kept on with it