Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Post by Datto_610 »

Not that I could see but didn't look super hard, snapped these up pretty quick when I saw them.

Haha very soon! In between fixing the new daily I bought recently and trying to get the new diff ready before nats I'll be turning the wick up! Either 10 or 12psi don't want to over do it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Another warrant passed in the B today! Got this cheap tacho from Aliexpress today, I'm really curious to know what the revs are like with the 4.3 before the 4.1 goes in. Dan still has a bit of tinkering to do before my SSS tacho works so will use this cheapie for now. Wiring it up may be interesting though.. it has 5 wires 2x black 2x red and 1x green wire. 1x red and 1x black are shorter than the others so thinking that could be for a light?? Obviously red is power and black is earth meaning green will be tach. I can't remember how many wires connect to the back of my tacho so will have to pull the cluster out and have a squizz! It did come with instructions but they aren't very explanatory.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

After a failed attempt to make it out James' last weekend to play with diffs (cambelt snapped in my daily) I found some motivation today to get the 4.1 ready. Pryed the locked center from my long nose housing and knocked out the side seals. Separated the ring gear from the locky, bit of rust on the crown wheel bolts and crown wheel itself which I am a little worried about hopefully the gear face isn't pitted. Made use of a warratah I've had lying around for some reason and a bolt to crack the pinion nut by hand! No rattle gun! It stuffed the bolt but it worked! Pulled the pinion flange off and all I need to do now is press the pinion shaft out and get new bearings and seals and tidy up and paint the housing!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Nice! Good work Greg.

You could try some of this stuff on the crown wheel & pinion, it works pretty well from what I've heard, bit spency though.

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Product ... tre/354057
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah stoked that it was relatively easy to get apart if I tried hard enough haha. I have been using a really good product similar to what you posted called metal rescue which I can get through Appco. So will get some this week!

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Dang the stuff I get is more expensive than that... but Appco have a free delivery van so I didn't have to go to supercheap afterwork haha and I can use the work account so works out easier. Have a bunch of stuff soaking at the moment!

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Went into work today to use the press so I could remove the pinion shaft from the 4.1. Came out so easy! I've also started to clean the housing in prep for a coat of paint. Degreased the housing then brushed the whole thing in rust converter. Really didn't want to spend all that time wire brushing it haha.

Checked how the crown wheel was going today as it still looked a little rusty the last time I checked. All the crown wheel bolts are done soaking and are in a zip lock bag that I've sprayed with maintain lube (loctites version of CRC), crown wheel has also had this treatment. 4.1 is getting there, pinion flange cleaned up ready for paint! , just need to remove and replace pinion bearings and finish getting the housing painted up and it can go in!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Looking slick.. Nice one.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Looks really good Greg.

Try to clean down that oil channel that runs from the back of the diff to the front if you can too.

I see you're also taking advantage of working somewhere that has all the handy consumables sitting there ready for you to use - makes things alot easier and cheaper doesn't it :mrgreen:
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha yeah thanks guys! Still need to remove the very front bearing but want to make sure I can get another one before I try and get it out. Bit of surface rust inside the housing too so will need to wire brush that out as well before it goes back together.