Gmans 280zx

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Gmans 280zx

Post by gman »

Just fitted air dam and boot lip now off to get new carpet sick of the musty smell after 17 years in storage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Gmans 280zx

Post by b110sss »

Thats one sweet looking 280 Graeme.
Whats under the bonnet?
Cheers
Dav
gman
Financial Member

Post by gman »

b110sss wrote:Thats one sweet looking 280 Graeme.
Whats under the bonnet?
Cheers
Dav
Whats under the bonnet L28 treble 45mm dellortos worked cam headers 5 speed haven't gone mad on it.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Were you racing one of your Cars at the Test day last Friday ?

My boss ( with the Moore Stephens markhams Car ) told me there was a Rapid little Datsun Z getting right stuck into it, he seemed pretty impressed.

280zx Looks Great there Gman.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
gman
Financial Member

Post by gman »

85_Z31 wrote:Were you racing one of your Cars at the Test day last Friday ?

My boss ( with the Moore Stephens markhams Car ) told me there was a Rapid little Datsun Z getting right stuck into it, he seemed pretty impressed.

280zx Looks Great there Gman.
Yip I was there trying to get that rb30 powered s30 of lewis lows to go a bit faster now it sounds like a f1 car but still not as fast as the L28.
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

I caught up with Lewis last week and saw the Lynn Rogers built machine. Love the RB head on the L6, very tricky to do I've heard.
Some car that, sounded bloody loud!!! Lucky the exhaust exits the passenger side I'd say as I doubt that the dB would be legal otherwise.

I'm not sure of the race category it is able to run in as with that head on there, he won't be able to run in stock of course, that leaves what?

A well prepared S30.
gman
Financial Member

Post by gman »

240znz wrote:I caught up with Lewis last week and saw the Lynn Rogers built machine. Love the RB head on the L6, very tricky to do I've heard.
Some car that, sounded bloody loud!!! Lucky the exhaust exits the passenger side I'd say as I doubt that the dB would be legal otherwise.

I'm not sure of the race category it is able to run in as with that head on there, he won't be able to run in stock of course, that leaves what?

A well prepared S30.
Not a Lynn Rogers motor any moor that was a bit of a disaster.Car run 90 dbl on the track and it can run in the sports and gts it doesn't get turned away from classic advents because the RBis no faster than a good L28?