Re: Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by classicdat »

:burnout: Awesome. So close 11s everywhere
Datsuns from A to Zed
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Sorry about losing your ride height, i was so focused on prep that i forgot to take a measurement.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

No worries going to chamberlains tomorrow morning and cert re-check booked for next Monday!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Well today was re-check day! Still not quite there though :( plus side is all that needs doing is to dial the camber in a bit more as it's at about -2 degreees at the moment.... I'll get it adjusted with another wheel alignment at chamberlains to like the -1 degree mark and then it's all done! Will be on to that asap!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Is that all you failed your recheck on?
It was my understanding that cert guys could pass a car with greater than the threshold, if they believed the tyre's contact patch wasn't compromised?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah that's all it failed on. Well he reckons -2 deg is excessive which I can understand also when you give it the boot the rear squats down and the tyres hit the inner gaurds I think he's more worried about that. But I called chamberlains this morn and apparently I'm at max adjustment on camber...... taking it in on thurs so will see how that goes.... I'm thinking maybe stiffer springs would help with the squating?? I'll keep you all updated.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Re:

Post by broke »

Datto_610 wrote:Yeah that's all it failed on. Well he reckons -2 deg is excessive which I can understand also when you give it the boot the rear squats down and the tyres hit the inner gaurds I think he's more worried about that. But I called chamberlains this morn and apparently I'm at max adjustment on camber...... taking it in on thurs so will see how that goes.... I'm thinking maybe stiffer springs would help with the squating?? I'll keep you all updated.
I'll be watching this closely... good luck! :popcorn:
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Bartman wrote:Is that all you failed your recheck on?
It was my understanding that cert guys could pass a car with greater than the threshold, if they believed the tyre's contact patch wasn't compromised?
Theres a bit more to it than that, ahve a read thorugh this http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infos ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yes the ceret man can approve greater camber than factory but only if he is satisfied that it all performs OK in regards to the following:

2.2(2)(a): “Steering mechanisms and their mountings, or any systems by which a driver controls the direction of a vehicle, must provide the vehicle with safe, efficient, convenient, and sensitive control.”
2.3(8): “Low volume vehicles which have undergone significant changes to the suspension system must feature no abnormal suspension geometry, and be aligned so as to provide satisfactory handling characteristics, and ensure against excessively shortened tyre life.”
2.4(1): “All modified production low volume vehicles with modified suspension systems must perform in a manner which preserves at least the quality of steering control which could be reasonably expected when the vehicle was originally manufactured.”
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah fun times ahead.... I really hope I can get this sorted soon! So close yet so far!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

The way i remember on your sub frame kit the slots were already quite long for the camber adjustment ?

It might need to be raised in the rear a tiny bit, like a rubber spring spacer or such. Is there any room to file out the adjustment slot any further ?
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30