Orange Ruffy History

For all your general datsun ramblings
WilliamMenzies

Orange Ruffy History

Post by WilliamMenzies »

Hi all,

A few months back I bought and 120y with a l20b in it from Havelock North. I was told it was refereed to as "Orange Ruffy" and it was a bit of a legend.
Looking at the vin plate it says it used to be turboed, but not at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knew the history of this car or anything about it? Much appreciated

Cheers William
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Orange Ruffy History

Post by Bartman »

sweet ride you have there!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
WilliamMenzies

Post by WilliamMenzies »

Bartman wrote:sweet ride you have there!
Cheers shes looking a bit different now I've removed a whole lot of stickers, done some painting and got rid of that ugly silver mesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

from one Menzies to anther that looks like a cool we car.
WilliamMenzies

Post by WilliamMenzies »

Its a very cool little car, bit of handful to drive but very fun at the same time. Bit of a learning curve on the twin su carbs trying to tune them but we will prevail. Any tips for general tuning? done plugs, scraped build up off dizzy cap, balanced carbs and set mixture correct. Any other things worth doing?