Aftermarket window and door rubbers

For all your general datsun ramblings
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Aftermarket window and door rubbers

Post by ginga-dato »

I was having a look on eBay Australia and seen a full set of door and windscreen rubbers from Thailand. Has anyone used these aftermarket rubbers? Do they all fit properly and do the clips in the rubbers line up with holes in the door?
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Re: Aftermarket window and door rubbers

Post by broke »

I've got them, haven't tried the screen rubbers but the door rubbers are fine. I don't think my original 510 ones had any clips so I glued them on. They weren't a complete loop, so I had to glue the ends after trimming. Overall they seem fine.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

what vehicle?
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

1978 120y sedan
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

mmh I have fitted some thai ones to a couple of vehicles now, on my b310 the bailey channel rubbers always seem to be loose so when you wind the window down the rubbers come with it...... so to solve that I used glue to hold them in which now they are great. the door seals that seal up against the body wherent that great, they seem to big? and you have to slam the door etc, if you adjust the door so you don't have to slam it then none of the doors line up and around the tops of the window where mine sit in this little channel it always seems to pop out which isn't a huge issue. the windscreen rubbers where pretty good aswel, the corners on mine wherent the best and don't sit 100% but the price was good so I iam not too stressed etc

I would happily buy them all again and that's what iam doing in my b310 coupe

hope this helps a little
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
120y_fj
Regular
aka: Shak

Post by 120y_fj »

yup ive bought the whole set from thailand it worked a treat loved them he sent me the wrong ones at first sent me coupe ones but sent me the right ones strait away just look at seller rating think the guy i used was called atomboys or something atom
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver

Post by ginga-dato »

Thanks for the comments guys. Couldn't find any with atom in their usurname. This set is the one that's stood out to me. Full set of rubbers for only a couple hundred bucks after shipping. I might have to bite the bullet and see if they are any good or not
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Those are the same brand I used. Get the 3M rubber weatherstrip adhesive from Spraystore if you can, and some solvent to clean the mould-release or whatever off them before fitting.