Ruapuna Track Day 18/06/16

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Ruapuna Track Day 18/06/16

Post by b110sss »

Thought that I would post this up of the SSS going into the dipper on the short 'club' track. Awesome day and I would really recommend these track days.
I'll try to post up some Go Pro footage later if the kids show me how to do it.
Cheers
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Ruapuna Track Day 18/06/16

Post by Otodat »

Awesome photo, you must have been hauling to pick that wheel up off the road good stuff
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Yes, I certainly had my foot hard up it through there.
Interesting set of corners as you come straight out of a hairpin then hard right, kink slightly left then a steep cambered right hander. This is all in second gear so there is a fair amount of torque going through the chassis which is no doubt contributing to the wheel lifting - awesome piece of track through there.
I do suspect looking at that photo that I still haven't got the balance quite right yet with the overall spring rates- still a tad too soft in the rear although the car does feel good.
These track days are awesome fun. For $100 you get 6 sessions which are generally 5-6laps and believe me by the end of the day everyone has the need for speed well and truly out of their system.
Just a few basic rules, no passing under brakes or through corners and scrutineering is easy and basic.
It would be great to see some more Datsuns out there adding to what is already a varied selection of cars ranging from MX5 Mazdas through to exotics such as Porsches and Jags along with some muscle cars like SRT Dodge Challenges.
Cheers
Dave
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Great Picture Dave

I need to go for a passenger in this car sometime its out. Is this with the new LSD rear end ?
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Hi James,
Yes, that's with the new LSD setup.
No worries taking you for a squirt sometime although the extra weight will murder the straightline performance ( remember its only a little fella! )
Cheers
Dave
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

b110sss wrote:Hi James,
Yes, that's with the new LSD setup.
No worries taking you for a squirt sometime although the extra weight will murder the straightline performance ( remember its only a little fella! )
Cheers
Dave
Put James in the back he can go side to side to fix the body roll ?