Top 510 build - interesting read

For all your general datsun ramblings
denpal
Financial Member
aka: denpal

Top 510 build - interesting read

Post by denpal »

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-datsun-510/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This car has just sold at a BAT auction, for quite a bit - but all things considered this is a top car built by a perfectionist engineer. Enjoy!
denpal
Financial Member
aka: denpal

Re: Top 510 build - interesting read

Post by denpal »

Sold for $NZ65k.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Nice car.
That's an awful lot of money though.
an awful lot........
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Not a lot of money if your prepared to make things better than factory.
I see this guy has saved money by having leather straps to hold the bonnet down, haha.
The orange car cost Chris and I about that amount in NZ dollars but the interior still needs lots of coin to complete and rack and pinion steering is on our wish list too, like this one pictured already has.
Our blue car is having some panel and paint atm and already has sucked up several thousand so it may sound a lot but in reality that's what a good job costs these days. Both our cars have higher specs than this one as well such as R200 LSD diffs , coil over shocks all round, 6 speed gearboxes, etc, etc but I'm not bagging it, just saying things cost these days and the days of cheap Datsun cars and parts are history. The market for any well built Datsuns is steadily rising in price too, not as much as toyotas and mazdas but it's definitely on the up! Mind you, they're not getting any younger and aren't being made any more so can only increase in value as time goes on.

Bernie and Chris .
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

chris_g1 wrote:Not a lot of money if your prepared to make things better than factory.
I see this guy has saved money by having leather straps to hold the bonnet down, haha.
The orange car cost Chris and I about that amount in NZ dollars but the interior still needs lots of coin to complete and rack and pinion steering is on our wish list too, like this one pictured already has.
Our blue car is having some panel and paint atm and already has sucked up several thousand so it may sound a lot but in reality that's what a good job costs these days. Both our cars have higher specs than this one as well such as R200 LSD diffs , coil over shocks all round, 6 speed gearboxes, etc, etc but I'm not bagging it, just saying things cost these days and the days of cheap Datsun cars and parts are history. The market for any well built Datsuns is steadily rising in price too, not as much as toyotas and mazdas but it's definitely on the up! Mind you, they're not getting any younger and aren't being made any more so can only increase in value as time goes on.
Yep. And people were saying that early Bluebird SSS sedan in Japan I put up was expensive!
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

It's a good sign for things to come.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It's one thing to spend that on building a car.
It's another thing to pay that to buy a car someone has already built.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
_smp_
Regular

Post by _smp_ »

Interesting car...
What's up with the undersealing failing already? Mechanically a stunner but she wouldn't last long in the NZ climate eh.

I think the $$ should be put into the context of $200k being spent on VW kombis...
Baby boomers with some cash to burn... Investment, or just buying the memories?

Dammit....maybe I should have bought that $6000 rust bucket 510 after all
Waaaaa
Looking for a 510 at the mo

lost loves
1x KB110 - recently gone to a good home
2x P510 Deluxe
1x P510 SSS
1x P510 Wagon